Progestogen only pill..??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by emz.is.shrinkin, 9 February 2011 Social URL.

1. emz.is.shrinkin

emz.is.shrinkin on the shrink.!!

Start Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi all my doctor has changed me from combined pill to progesteron only pill. I was just wondering if any of u guys out there are also on it and what side effects have u had whilst doing Cambridge..??
    With the combined one I've had a period since I started CD. I expect this will prob be the same with the POP..?? but have u had any other side effects.?? Thanks in advance, emz xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emz.is.shrinkin

emz.is.shrinkin on the shrink.!!

Start Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Is there anyone on POP that can help..?? Ta xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I think it's very individual hon as being on the pill means you are not having a "true" period anyway. Some people report break through bleeding for a while, others no change at all.

How your pill is metabolised may be affected by the weight loss so if you don't want a "suprise" you may want to take extra precautions particularly as weight loss can also improve fertility!

5. Mrs H to be

Mrs H to be Full Member

Hiya,

I'm on the POP pill and have still had a period but I only started CD last week! I havent had any side effects I can think of to be honest.

If you find you are having side effects I'd go back to the doctors xx

6. Mac123

Mac123 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge (CD)
    I'm on he POP only implant. As Gg said its very different for anyone. I had very light TOM on conbined - they almost stopped on POP only pill. Only get 1-2 a year on POP implant. 3rd week of CD I did have one, but also megga stressed @ work, so think that has as much to do with it as CD? I have been getting a little bloated... seem to loose better every 2nd week? Going for fortnightly WI now :)
    Everyone is different.. so you can only try it & see how you feel.
    They tend to but more people on POP these days due less side effects?? Some brands are x-efective per mg & body weight so google it. They should know what they are presribing though - some loose effectivness if you put on weight - so you shoudn't have that problem :)

7. onlyme!

onlyme! is a naughty girl...

Diet:
    CD
    I seem to get a period 2 weeks after going into ketosis and then not again. When not on cd I was getting about 2 a year. I seem to lose better every other week. I am on the implant :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.