Proper freaked out

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Jo B, 16 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Jo B

Jo B Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st8lb(41.9%)
    Diet:
    LL
    So I went into town at lunchtime to have a quick wander round, went into Debenhams and tried on some jeans - I ended up leaving there with 2 size 10 pairs of jeans.

Don't get me wrong, I am delighted but it has really freaked me out - I can handle being a size 14 with a few 12s thrown in for good measure but me buying anything that is a 10 just doesn't compute, it's not me. When I was paying for them I really expected the sales lady to say "don't be ridiculous, you're too fat for those" which is SO stupid.

Not sure what I am finding stranger - me buying size 10 or me not being able to handle buying a size 10...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. melarnz

melarnz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    WELL DONE YOU!!!! As someone on the long trip down, its great to hear someone has made it! Just enjoy the the feeling xxx

4. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    nice one! its a great feeling - you will get used to it eventually!
    daisy x

5. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Congratulations Jo

Well done, celebrate your success.
    Come on, let's see the pics..................
    xx

6. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Diet:
    I was on Lighter Life
    Oh bless you! Well done! I have the same thoughts about when I buy a size 14, like they would look at me and think "yeah right" lolol what are we like!

Kat xx

7. yoyo-ohno

yoyo-ohno Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.78%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hey Jo,

WOW! - How brilliant - enjoy your success !

I can't wait until I don't have to root to the back of the clothes rails to find the big sizes but can pick up a 12 (or even a 10!) from the front:)

yoyo
    xx

8. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(32.95%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Really excited for you Jo. Well done. xx

9. Jo B

Jo B Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st8lb(41.9%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Today has really brought it home for me how much I have lost, that and talking to a "thin" colleague and finding out that we are the same height and weigh the same. It's not real though and I don't think it will be for sometime.

I've spent the evening wearing one of my pair of jeans just to make sure they still fit! I've got a pair of slimming pants on as well as that really controls the muffin top that I get but they are really comfortable.

Saturday me and OH are going to Cheshire Oaks designer outlet for a proper shop now that I am finally at a healthy BMI! I cannot wait.

I have to say though that it would have been so much more difficult without this forum - I know so much more about LL and the various challenges that people face because of everyone on here, especially when I compare it to what the rest of my group know. I would have done it without the forum but having everyone here makes you feel less alone and less like a freak! An especially big thanks to BL, SB, Minerva, Daisy and all of the "old-guard" who are constantly around to allay fears, calm nerves and give good sound advice.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.