Proper freaked out

Jo B

So I went into town at lunchtime to have a quick wander round, went into Debenhams and tried on some jeans - I ended up leaving there with 2 size 10 pairs of jeans.

Don't get me wrong, I am delighted but it has really freaked me out - I can handle being a size 14 with a few 12s thrown in for good measure but me buying anything that is a 10 just doesn't compute, it's not me. When I was paying for them I really expected the sales lady to say "don't be ridiculous, you're too fat for those" which is SO stupid.

Not sure what I am finding stranger - me buying size 10 or me not being able to handle buying a size 10...

WELL DONE YOU!!!! As someone on the long trip down, its great to hear someone has made it! Just enjoy the the feeling xxx

nice one! its a great feeling - you will get used to it eventually!
daisy x

Congratulations Jo

Well done, celebrate your success.
Come on, let's see the pics..................
xx

Oh bless you! Well done! I have the same thoughts about when I buy a size 14, like they would look at me and think "yeah right" lolol what are we like!

Kat xx

Hey Jo,

WOW! - How brilliant - enjoy your success !

I can't wait until I don't have to root to the back of the clothes rails to find the big sizes but can pick up a 12 (or even a 10!) from the front:)

yoyo
xx

Really excited for you Jo. Well done. xx

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Today has really brought it home for me how much I have lost, that and talking to a "thin" colleague and finding out that we are the same height and weigh the same. It's not real though and I don't think it will be for sometime.

I've spent the evening wearing one of my pair of jeans just to make sure they still fit! I've got a pair of slimming pants on as well as that really controls the muffin top that I get but they are really comfortable.

Saturday me and OH are going to Cheshire Oaks designer outlet for a proper shop now that I am finally at a healthy BMI! I cannot wait.

I have to say though that it would have been so much more difficult without this forum - I know so much more about LL and the various challenges that people face because of everyone on here, especially when I compare it to what the rest of my group know. I would have done it without the forum but having everyone here makes you feel less alone and less like a freak! An especially big thanks to BL, SB, Minerva, Daisy and all of the "old-guard" who are constantly around to allay fears, calm nerves and give good sound advice.

Back