ProPointers..advice please long, sorry!

Mags12

I've been following propoints for a little while now and had a gain (my own fault as bingeing) followed by a loss of 3lb followed by a gain of 1lb. I'm determined to give PP the very best chance I can and resist the urge to run back to Discover as I've forked out a small fortune on PP stuff and don't want it to be a waste lol.

I tend to have very basic menus when it comes to my main meals, I work 10 hours a day and don't have a lot of time to get creative..breakfast is usually oat so simple, jacket potato for lunch and something like shepherds pie or spag bol for dinner. I'm dusting off the slow cooker today and getting more prepared by cooking earlier in the morning therefore resisting the urge to snack later while I'm waiting on food cooking because this a big downfall of mine. I find I am snacking just because I can if that makes sense but I'm not going over the allocated points.

How are you making the plan work best for you? Those with good losses what are you having? I've read that cutting down on fruit should help but that confuses me, if fruit is zero points what's wrong with having it? I don't mean eating it constantly but surely it shouldn't matter if we have a few pieces a day? I thought that by having chocolate etc within points I was asking for trouble and I gained...but again if it's within points does it really matter what we have as that's factored into the points allowance of the plan?

Sorry for all the questions just desperately want to get my head around this and not admit defeat without giving it my absolute best.

Thanks in advance

I understand what you are talking about, if it is in your allowance then why cant you have it? and especially the fruit, if its 0pp then why do we have to cut down on how much we eat of it? Thats the thing with this new plain, my leader told us that the first 5 pieces of fruit are free and that you should try and stay under or on that mark. While I was following PP I could never eat chocolate because well I not really sure why but I decided not to because I felt like I was eating enough already with all the free fruit and extra weekly allowance, I am not sure how you are going to resolve this problem hun but I have gone back to Discover and I feel so much better like its my comfort zone, I wouldnt call it running back to Discover I think of it as simply following and doing what works best for you as an individual and not to follow the hype of the new plan if it does not work for you, I find it that all new members who had previously not followed and was not on the Discover plan while this new plan was introduced they will find it easy as it is the only one their body knows, where as the people like me and yourself we have been used to the discover plan and getting our results that way. Have a think about it and decide what YOU want to do and not what other people say :) Good luck hun I am sure you will make the right choice whatever that may be.

thank you so much for replying hun...I think it's more the fact that I've spent over the odds for new books, calculator etc determined to do the new plan properly :( I didn't go to classes before I subscribed and tracked online and because of this I didn't have a points calculator or the books etc apart from the discover folder that I got when I went to class once. It would mean ordering all new (old lol) stuff from ebay or whatever as the site doesn't support the old plan anymore plus I've another 3 months sub to run as I recently just renewed it for 3 months :rolleyes:

I do think ultimately Discover is going to be the plan I will need to be on, I've tried with pp and I have been really enthusiastic about it at times but I don't know if I'm just trying to convince myself that it works and will work for me when really I don't know if it will at all.

thanks again hun and well done for making the decision to switch back you will do brilliantly just like you did before xx

Anthony you are a realist! I have gone back because for me discover works and PP does not - one plan does not fit all !

thank you so much for replying hun...I think it's more the fact that I've spent over the odds for new books, calculator etc determined to do the new plan properly :( I didn't go to classes before I subscribed and tracked online and because of this I didn't have a points calculator or the books etc apart from the discover folder that I got when I went to class once. It would mean ordering all new (old lol) stuff from ebay or whatever as the site doesn't support the old plan anymore plus I've another 3 months sub to run as I recently just renewed it for 3 months :rolleyes:

I do think ultimately Discover is going to be the plan I will need to be on, I've tried with pp and I have been really enthusiastic about it at times but I don't know if I'm just trying to convince myself that it works and will work for me when really I don't know if it will at all.

thanks again hun and well done for making the decision to switch back you will do brilliantly just like you did before xx

Yeah I can see where your coming from, what is it that you need for the old plan?

Anthony you are a realist! I have gone back because for me discover works and PP does not - one plan does not fit all !

Thanks, nothing better than being a realist lol, I totally get why you moved back and I am glad I have done so too.

looking on ebay now and there are some of the old items on, I think if I bought a calculator and the shop guide that would be enough? Or am I dangerously underestimating lol...I will put my PP stuff up on ebay though through the week and hopefully it will sell.
thanks again x

looking on ebay now and there are some of the old items on, I think if I bought a calculator and the shop guide that would be enough? Or am I dangerously underestimating lol...I will put my PP stuff up on ebay though through the week and hopefully it will sell.
thanks again x

Not a problem, yeah if your not gonna use the PP plan the you might aswell sell it. But I would say the only thing you need to really get going is the calculator, I mean thats all I needed to get started on the PP plan, so I would deffo invest in a calculator

Haha fair enough :) good luck and keep posting on here to let me know how you are getting on!

Its really weird how some people lose on pp and others only lose on discover, WW didnt think of this when they changed everything. They should have run pp and discover alongside each other like SW do, when they bring out a new plan they still run the old ones. Like someone said before "one plan doesnt fit all".

PP v Discover

I know WW have researched the new plan before launching it. However, I lose more on a low fat diet rather than a low carb plan which is how PP works. Different bodies use food in a different way and for me it has to be Discover. I don't go to meetings and never have. I have a shopping book and a calculator. I sent for the PP calculator but it is now in a drawer hardly used as I just haven't managed to lose on PP. Maybe it will end up on ebay.

I think we all know our body and how it works, so each to their own I say!

Happy Christmas everyone!

thanks Leigh and Sheone, I haven't managed to get any of the Discover things yet, outbid on ebay and then I didn't get a chance to get online and look for more so I've been following pp half-heartedly this week. Still undecided about what to do. I know WW is definitely what I want to stick with as points work for me, I'm just undecided about which WW plan to follow but I will choose one sooner or later I'm sure :)

Hi bikiniqueen I use a free app on my iPod as my discovery calculator.... My food calculator...it's called.... I'd say get the shopping guide book as well if you can, I use mine for basics like meats and fruits because my heads like a sieve and I keep forgetting the points....good luck xxx

brilliant hun thanks for that x I have a blackberry at the min and there aren't any ww apps for it that I know of but will have a hunt around. Just about to order a few things from ebay that don't have many bids although we haven't had post in a week almost here lol..and with xmas/new year I expect it'll be start of January before I get anything if I'm lucky lol.

thanks again x

Back