Propoints and potatoes

jellibabe

I'm a bit confused about potatoes and hope someone can help. I use the ww app and I'm getting a bit sick of it saying 1 portion with no weight option so have no idea what one portion means. Anyhow this seems to be the case with potatoes. Could someone give me an idea of weight of potatoes, cooking method and pps pls xx

I would like to know jacket, wedges cooked in oven with spray light and boiled new

Thank u xx

Potatoes are 1 Pro Point for every 50g if you weigh them before u cook them then the points dont change when boiled or baked, spray is free so if you spray them and cook them in the oven they would be the same points as raw. Hope that makes sense.

I agree with leighforty - and I just had a look at the app, you need to go to potatoes, old (or new), raw, then it gives you the weight option. I think it's more precise to weigh them raw *nods*

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i thought by baking them the points changed??

hannata said:
baked are different as yummymummy says

100g = 4
150g = 6
200g = 7
225g = 8
300g = 11

(as per ww pocket guide)

I think thats per cooked weight so raw weight would be heavier and prob work out the same?

So if you par boil 200g of potatoes then oven baked them (in no oil) can you point them as boiled potato?
How would you point raw potato chipped and thrown in the oven with some fry light?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

hannata said:
In theory, but its about density, not weight.

pg 49 of pocket guide :)

I'm doing the plan diy so don't have a pocket guide, think someone said on here you can get them on ebay so might have a look. Do u think it would be worth getting?

So if you par boil 200g of potatoes then oven baked them (in no oil) can you point them as boiled potato?
How would you point raw potato chipped and thrown in the oven with some fry light?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

You literally just weigh it before you cook it, in both scenarios, to give the accurate pp values. I don't point frylight so again, I would just weigh the spud before cooking. Does that make sense?

And MTMonster is right, if you weigh a jacket spud raw, then weigh again when cooked using the pp's given by Hannata, it would be the same. Basically the water in the potato evaporates during cooking, hence a seemingly lighter potato has a higher pp value than the same raw. But you're still getting the same amount of potato whichever way you do it!

Hello,

I have these from my WW leader:

150g boiled = 3 pp
150g mashed = 3pp (no butter)
150g raw = 3pp
150g roasted = 6pp (no butter)
150g sweet potato = 4pp

:)

Back