Propoints Frittata - left over eggs!

Jasonjupiter

I cooked the weight watchers frittata with peppers and artichoke recipe today. It was very nice! Serves 4 - 3 pp's

My problem is, is that now I have 4 egg yolks left and no idea what to do with them (the recipe requires you to just use the egg whites)

Anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Rum truffles! Probably not allowed at all but it's the only recipe I can think of for egg yolk!:D

Is artichoke fiddly? I've eaten it at a restaurant but never prepared it myself

Rum truffles! Probably not allowed at all but it's the only recipe I can think of for egg yolk!:D

Is artichoke fiddly? I've eaten it at a restaurant but never prepared it myself

I wish I could make rum truffles, I'm sure one would be allowed but I know I wouldn't stop at one! :giggle:

I have only ever used artichoke hearts that you buy in a tin to cook with, they are fine to use, usually just have to chop them roughly. I have also brought and eaten the ones in oil as antipasti but I don't think they are particularly healthy. The ones in the tins are free on WW, so I would have thought just classed as veg on other diets. They go lovely in a risotto and on top of homemade pizzas.

Might bite the bullet and try them then.

Rum truffles are dead easy but I have never pointed them so couldn't comment on what the damage is.
The only recipes I can think of are sweet ones - custard, creme brulee or not sweet could be eggs benedict? They are all going to be high pp at 2pp per yolk. Apparently you can freeze them but only if you add sugar or salt to them first. What you add would depend on what you decide to turn them into!

Thanks Melteaser, I did wonder if I could freeze them, I may have to have one for breakfast and try freezing the rest. If I add salt I have to make savoury, I'm sure that's probably going to be better for me!

google it first as, from what I remember, there are quantities per yolk. I'll see if I can find the link I looked at.

It's only a pinch
egg yolks need a pinch of salt or sugar beaten in (depending on whether they'll be used for sweet or savoury dishes later). This will stop them from thickening too much upon freezing. Defrost frozen eggs in the fridge overnight and use them straightaway.
From BBC - Food - Egg recipes

Brilliant, thanks for that I will get freezing :)

Back