Protein = glucose?

Bump - here you go susie - this is how it works!!
Xxx

A great plateau smasher is the eggfast.

It's literally eggs, butter and cheese only. A couple of days on that should set you off again.

Also, on a semi related note, do you supplement with omega 3? I've noticed that on days when i've made an effort to do the eggfast (usually only 2 meals to be honest as by the time it gets to the third I don't want anymore!) and taken 4g omega 3 per meal, the next day my clothes feel looser, i feel a lot better, lighter and quicker. Might be worth experimenting with. Omega 3 increases insulin sensitivity (so you don't release as much insulin when you do eat carbs) so could be worth doing for a while.

Hey James - interesting re the omega 3. May take a look at that. I dont think i could do the limited food though. What I love about atkins is the variety and veggies:D

How is it going for you at the mo?

Hello James... I love the sound of the egg fast! Never heard of it before... Might do a couple of days! I'm guessing I could find stuff on it via google? :)

Need to check out the omega 3

I think I am guilty of this also - too much protein. Anyone any ideas on easy ways to increase fat/decrease protein? A typical days food for me would be:

breakfast - MIM with butter
mid morning snack - bacon
lunch - chicken salad
dinner - chicken/ salmon/ steak with either salad or green veg
snack- SF jelly

Any advice would be appreciated!

If you increase fat then will decrease appetite so you dont need as much protein to fill you up. Suggestions are
Pork crackling, cheese, butter on veg
cream to make sauces or with sf jelly or in cauli mash.
Dressings for salad can be made with mayo and vinegar for nice creamy one.
Just have a dolop of mayo with your food
Etc!

Back