Protein meal ideas?

Caz

Repeat Offender
Just wondering what things people do with their protein and veg allowance? Need some more ideas, I take it to work so things I do need to be able to be cooked/made up before. Can heat things up though.

Ive made stir fry with veg and chicken, ive added veg to meal packs. theres loads of ideas on the recipes thread too :]

What veg though?

beansprouts, cabbage and mushroom in stirfry. added mushrooms to mushroom pasta, added broccoli to shepards pie. going to have swede mash tomorrow with..something.
best to cook up a load of veg then you can re-heat at work.

When I was on Cambridge I used to have chicken cooked in spices with a bit of veg, and used to wrap it up in a lettuce leaf like a less exciting version of a fajita. Reckon it would be good with the chilli too!

meoww said:
beansprouts, cabbage and mushroom in stirfry. added mushrooms to mushroom pasta, added broccoli to shepards pie. going to have swede mash tomorrow with..something.
best to cook up a load of veg then you can re-heat at work.

Can we have bean sprouts?

Felix said:
When I was on Cambridge I used to have chicken cooked in spices with a bit of veg, and used to wrap it up in a lettuce leaf like a less exciting version of a fajita. Reckon it would be good with the chilli too!

Like that idea with the lettuce. My girls love fajitas but Im reluctant to cook them as I love them too!

Back