Protein Shakes

greedyguts1980

Silver Member
Hello

Does anyone know about protein shakes and how they would work with Slimming World? I couldn't find them listed in the syns section online. When you put the cals in it says 10 syns but it seems a waste of 10 syns!! :confused:

This is for my partner, not me, BTW!!

I would be grateful for any advice!

:) Sarah

Yes they will be 1 syn for every 20 calories and usually high in syns. There is really no need why your OH should need to take one though considering the amount of syn free protein you can have on SW :)

If you do a search there are a few posts on protein shakes. I had a look myself once :) I think I had one that was about 4 syns but seemed a waste when I wanted a curly wurly!

I did a search and showed him the comments and have convinced him to give them a miss til he's lost weight!! Thanks xxx

I take protein shakes after every gym session 4 times a week.i use the gold standard protein vanilla ice cream flavour...its delish!!it tastes like a milkshake.Its 6 syns for one scoop which is all u need. After doin weight sessions in the gym its best to take protein shakes...altho u can get the same protein from egg whites and chicken etc. I find its worth the 6 syns and my personal trainer insists i take one after my workout.Before my holiday last year i took one 5 times a day after weight sessions and thee muscle tone in my body was AMAZING!!!!i wouldnt take them if i have only done cardio and not weights :D hope this helps x x

You really don't need to take a protein shake unless you are a serious athlete. Your PT is likely on commission if you are buying them from the gym ;)

I dont buy it from the gym...i get it from a nutrition shop!If u look up any site it recommends men and women take protein shake after weight training.....like i said it up to th persson wether they want to take them or not but i would never be without them.

il upload a picture soon of my holiday photos in a bikini and i had taken 4-5 protein shakes a week...u can judge for yourself then.they also repair ur body after weight trining:D

Back