protein to take my meds grrrr

valentine

miss yo yo
My back has been reaaly bad today and just had to take an extra dose of diclofenac with my nightly morphine tab as i know i am going to have a bad night otherwise.

Its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place as i have to have it with or after food and had all my packs before the pain set in....So i am hoping that having a boiled egg with my tablet isnt going to ruin my Hard work with TS this week...Its such a small amount of food so why does it make me feel like i'm mucking up my hard work!!!...now i am thinking an extra half a bar might have been a better choice???

Has made me take stock though...Have decided to save a quarter of a bar to have last thing at night just in case the pain rears its head again late at night...

Does anyone else on here have to have pain meds alongside food? would really appreciate any tips from anyone that does.

sorry for moaning xxxxxxxxxx

oh hun dont feel bad I think you have done the right thing. good idea about saving a bit of bar, at the end of the day you need the meds.xxxx

An eggs about 90 cals I think. I've had 2 tonight! I wouldn't think that many calories will ruin a whole weeks worth of TS!
You'll be fine xx

Being in pain is no fun, and you should be thinking of your health first.
If it takes an egg or two so that you can take your meds, then so be it :)
What does your doc say ?

I have to take my painkillers with food and if I have eaten my packs I either go for an egg or a slice of ham and it doesnt seem to have effected my losses x

Hiya hun!
I am in the same position as you - I am on morphine and about 6 others drugs as I have severe back problems. I have not followed Exante yet but I was on LT until I had to refeed for an operation. When I first started LT I found that my meds made me feel very spaced out with no food. I carried on that way for a few days but in the end it wasnt working. I spoke with the chemist and in the end my Doc and the LT Call centre and they actually ADVISE you have food with your meds - especially if they are the string opiate types like morphine. Your body NEEDS something to counterbalance it all and for me it was the difference in being physically able to do the diet and also keep myself safe as I was certainly NOT safe before adding in some food.

I was told to stick to protein only (as for exante too of course) and as low cal as possible. After a bit of trial and error I found that chicken was the best thing for me. Not only did it have the best effect on how I felt but it also had less calories in it, I could have more of it to help along but it also had the least effect on my losses. I used to buy the packs of cooked chicken from the supermarket to leave in the fridge. In the end i was having the chicken tikka type ones - yum! I had great losses week and week out...

WORD of warning, when you start adding in food its a dangerous slipperly slope as I found out. As soon as I began picking for medical reasons I couldnt help myself and i ended up nibbling on prtein first, then the odd biccie but just enough to remain in ketosis... hmm, not a great start! i always had good losses tho so it worked for me but this is not the best way to go about it obviously!

good luck and I hope it sorts itself out soon xxx

Hiya hun!
I am in the same position as you - I am on morphine and about 6 others drugs as I have severe back problems. I have not followed Exante yet but I was on LT until I had to refeed for an operation. When I first started LT I found that my meds made me feel very spaced out with no food. I carried on that way for a few days but in the end it wasnt working. I spoke with the chemist and in the end my Doc and the LT Call centre and they actually ADVISE you have food with your meds - especially if they are the string opiate types like morphine. Your body NEEDS something to counterbalance it all and for me it was the difference in being physically able to do the diet and also keep myself safe as I was certainly NOT safe before adding in some food.

I was told to stick to protein only (as for exante too of course) and as low cal as possible. After a bit of trial and error I found that chicken was the best thing for me. Not only did it have the best effect on how I felt but it also had less calories in it, I could have more of it to help along but it also had the least effect on my losses. I used to buy the packs of cooked chicken from the supermarket to leave in the fridge. In the end i was having the chicken tikka type ones - yum! I had great losses week and week out...

WORD of warning, when you start adding in food its a dangerous slipperly slope as I found out. As soon as I began picking for medical reasons I couldnt help myself and i ended up nibbling on prtein first, then the odd biccie but just enough to remain in ketosis... hmm, not a great start! i always had good losses tho so it worked for me but this is not the best way to go about it obviously!

good luck and I hope it sorts itself out soon xxx

Thankyou every one and especially bye bigun as i have now gone out and bought some cooked turkey (prefer it to chick) in case i have a bad night with my back...

Like you bigun i have a dreadful back (2 ops and slightly better) and will be on opiate type meds for the foreseeable future..Have been lucky not to have felt spaced out with the diet so far but know that the drugs work much better with food.

Thankyou for taking the time to share your tip its much appreciated xxx

I sympathise with you hun I too suffer with a bad back and have had an operation on it, luckily since my op my pain has reduced greatly and I only suffer occasionally :)

I sympathise with you hun I too suffer with a bad back and have had an operation on it, luckily since my op my pain has reduced greatly and I only suffer occasionally :)

thanks hun....my first op worked for a while but then i had a complication and needed bone grafting and wallis devices put in to sort it properly... My poor surgeon when he opened me up the 2nd time had to dancel the rest of the afternoons ops cos my routine 1hr surgery turned into 5 hours ...But i count my lucky blessings as i am not in a wheel chair... yes i do have lots of pain but the rest of me is A OK...i have my sight and hearing... i think to lose either one of them would be far more devastating ..I also have 2 grown up healthy sons....So i pop the pills and count my blessings .....
Glad yours is not too bad huni xxx

Back