Proud of myself!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Kaalin, 26 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Kaalin

Kaalin Full Member

Hi all, I just wanted to share how proud I am at my resolve. I am on Day 5, week 1. I have had alsorts of temptations this week. I actually went out with friends last night and resisted drinking and sat there supping my glasses of water.

But...the thing I'm most proud of is today we went to a wedding reception. It was a sit down buffet and as I saw the tables I panicked and thought that I would have to eat out of politeness as people would notice and they weren't people I knew. I was quite devious, I noticed that the table was a chair short so I sat my daughter on my knee and pretended to share a plate with her but ate nothing. It was murder getting the food and it looked divine! It was a major thing for my confidence in making this programme now I know I DO have willpower!!

Sorry for boring you with that but I had to share with some likeminded people who I thought would understand the situation I was in. I didn't half enjoy my Crispy Cranberry and raspberry bar when i got home though ;)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Fabulous, what a brilliant positive post - I'm made up to hear you sounding so upbeat and chirpy after having a week with such temptation - well done :)
  4. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Slimming World
    Well done Kaalin, great that you resisted.
  5. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Good on you Kaalin!! I found the first few temptations were the most difficult to get through, but you just got through a big one!!! And as you said, you have now proved to yoursefl, that you can do keep that resolve and willpower flourishing! It will see you through!!

You should be proud! :)
  6. Chev13

Chev13 Glass of wine anyone?

Cambridge SS
    Hey Kaalin,

Congrats on getting through a wedding,

For every moment we thought we didn't have any will power we go and do something like this to surprise ourselves and remind us that we all have will power and tons of it,

Just has to be unleashed,
  7. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Well done kaalin, thats gr8!! xx
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.