Prunes

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by Mandee, 10 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Mandee

Mandee Full Member

Hi all!

I started week 2 of RTM today but last night, after not having been to the toliet for over a week and having taken Dulcolax with no relief, I had some prunes rather than my last pack of the day.

They worked a treat and I still feel a bit bloated and was wondering how bad it would be if I had a few more tonight?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kellie=]

Kellie=] Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    You shouldnt really have tried fruit until week 6. Before I started RTM i didnt really realise how much sugar was in dried fruit- so just be very careful. Try not to skip packs or replace them with other foods. I started to do that with bags of sweets or bars of chocolate and believe me it just puts u on a slippery slope.
    :(
    Im back on it now 100% but the more u stick to it the easier it is.
    have you tried senocot? Its less harsh as dulcoleze and u take it reguarly to sort things out rather than to do one poo. lol
    does that make sense?
    probably not :S
    How about fibersure? you could try that to see if it helps you rather than adjusting RTM early :)
    xxxx

4. Kellie=]

Kellie=] Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    thats meant to day "dried fruit" not "tried fruit" lol xx

5. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi Mandee

I had real problem with this at the end of abstinence and the first couple of weeks of RTM, so under the advice of my LLC (laxatives weren't working either) I started on some fruit in week 2, but just from the week 3 list.
    I have to say that Orange juice did the trick very efficiently ;)

TMI alert****
    Came home from meeting, necked large glass of OJ (about 200ml), 2 hours later, hey presto! I had got to the point where I was only going once a week and that is not enough, it was really, really uncomfortable.

I then had a small glass (100ml) every morning which seemed to really help.
    I found that I needed to drink it all in one go to have the desired effect rather than sipping.

I would steer clear of the prunes unless it is really essential.
    Speak to your LLC, and see if it is OK with her to take some OJ.

6. Mandee

Mandee Full Member

Thanks guys for your advise. I shall keep it all in mind!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.