Psychological Hurdles

dreamslim

Silver Member
Just wondering if anyone else experiences Psychological hurdles.
I have 2 - one at 12 stone 7lbs and one at 11 stone 4 lbs. They are both weights I have plateaued (sic) at in Slimming World (twice I have reached 11 stone 4 from 12 stone and 12 stone 3 and once I joined on 12 stone 7 and couldn't move beyond that)
I'm asking coz I'm currently at 12 stone 7.5 and I think I'm working myself into a bit of an issue with it, I spent 6 months of last year trying to get below 12 stone 7 and when nothing worked I gave up trying and put on 10lbs instead, that's where I was when I came back to SW again in April.
Does anyone else experience these and what have you done to overcome them?
Xx

*Emsie* said:
Oh yes lots of psychological hurdles along the way just try and stick to plan and shake up the plan to take them by surprise! ;) Overcoming them is a difficult challenge but a great achievement hope you can do it xxx

Well, I've lost 3lbs each week for the last 2 weeks but am having a flex day on say, hopefully can still go for 2lbs though and that will mean flying past the 12.7 mark (am currently 12.7.5). I will be extremely excited if I can, lol. Xx

I'm currently fairly near target, and my weight loss is a bit obvious now (lost most of it whilst at uni, am now home for summer, so people haven't seen me since I've been dieting!) and I'm having one now because I've had a lot of comments like "oh, I don't think you'll manage to lose much more!"

Here's hoping I'll get there though - no matter how slowly!

heyxtara said:
I'm currently fairly near target, and my weight loss is a bit obvious now (lost most of it whilst at uni, am now home for summer, so people haven't seen me since I've been dieting!) and I'm having one now because I've had a lot of comments like "oh, I don't think you'll manage to lose much more!"

Here's hoping I'll get there though - no matter how slowly!

That's horrible. We were talking about this in group last night, when people say things like 'but you don't need to lose any' I always want to reply with 'but this is about me not you' lol.

That's horrible. We were talking about this in group last night, when people say things like 'but you don't need to lose any' I always want to reply with 'but this is about me not you' lol.

Exactly, I just keep reminding myself of the number I want to see on the scales! It's definitely the best motivation! :)

Just wondering if anyone else experiences Psychological hurdles.
I have 2 - one at 12 stone 7lbs and one at 11 stone 4 lbs. They are both weights I have plateaued (sic) at in Slimming World (twice I have reached 11 stone 4 from 12 stone and 12 stone 3 and once I joined on 12 stone 7 and couldn't move beyond that)
I'm asking coz I'm currently at 12 stone 7.5 and I think I'm working myself into a bit of an issue with it, I spent 6 months of last year trying to get below 12 stone 7 and when nothing worked I gave up trying and put on 10lbs instead, that's where I was when I came back to SW again in April.
Does anyone else experience these and what have you done to overcome them?
Xx

12 st 7 lbs is 79.3796647 kilos

11 st 4 lbs is 71.6675945 kilos

Don't know about you, but those numbers don't look particularly significant to me! Our minds are weird things - maybe counting in metric would help.

I've lost nearly 3 and a half stone this year and the difference is quite shocking. When people ask my target and i tell them there like ohh you dont need to loose that much and so i ask why and no answer. Thing is i want to loose that much and i will!

Oh yes, people have been telling me I don't need to loose any more weight just because I had already lost 5 stone. So I looked "acceptable"..but I was still overweight...that's so annoying!!If I had always looked that way people might have said nothing at all.

I usually use metric as we do on the continent. But I have been living here for too long - so imperial measurments still have an effect on me :)

11st 3

but then i thiink it was also that everyone kept saying you dont wanna loose much more you look good, if you loose anymore you will be too skinny ect

When i get to this point I plan to ask my consultant if i get stuck for fastforward week to push past it then carry on like normal

Well done :)

Mine is loosing a stone and half as I can usually loose a stone fairly easily... but never quite reach 1.5 stone no matter what my starting weight.

It's weird isn't it how our little psychological hurdles get in our way. I haven't weighed less than 12 stone 7 for 18 months no matter what I tried and I had very nearly convinced myself that it was all my body wanted to loose. Lol.

Back