psylium husks

shaziam

hi there been recommended to take psylium husks for problems with no 2's , i have bought the tablets and was just wondering do you take them everyday ?

cheers sharon x

Hi Sharon,

To keep things "moving" on a regular basis I would take the husks on a daily basis. But saying that everyones bodies are different - maybe you could try taking them daily as directed on the packaging and if it is not giving you the desired effects amend the number and/or frequency you take them until you find what suits you best.

After a rather nasty experience early on in my CD journey I started taking PH and have had no issues since - I prefer the loose husks myself and like to add these to my shakes. However, I do have the capsules too for holidays and weekends away etc and these work just aswell as he loose variety.

Can I ask what these husk thingies are please? xx

Hey AM

Psyllium Husks are a natural dietary fibre - something that is in short supply on SS :eek: . They help clear toxins, aid regularity and maintain bowel health.

Cheers Ruth! I think I might invest in some, I have rabit droppings whilst SSing lol xxx

where can you get them from ?

holland and barretts shaz

thank you very much :) xx

They are a bulking agent, no calories no carbs and do not get absorbed by the body. they make the waste in your bowel increase so it makes it easier to go and also stops it drying up, hope I put that in a pleasant way!! :D

can u make a porrige out of them/???

You can hun, well, saying that I never could, but it is possible, mine was like wallpaper paste lol:p Ill try dig a recipie out for ya x

I loved my morning shake made into porridge using psyllium husks found the vanilla to be my fav . Anyway this is where i got mine from found they where cheaper www.herbmoonhollow.com.

Good luck on your journeys xx
try 200ml hot/warm water 2 teaspoons of psyillum husks 1 shake in a blender .You can add more or less water as you like xx

Back