Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

psyllium husk success!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by polishrose, 31 May 2009 Social URL.

1. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    Not been able to stomach the husks in soup or shakes so today tried something different-made my porridge but used 200mls of water and made it runny, when I took it out of the microwave I added a teaspoon of husks and stirred lots and lots-it thickened up, didn't go slimy and tastes perfect :) Hurray!Now I might "go" a bit more often without resorting to dulcolax :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LadyB

LadyB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    Hi PolishRose!

That sounds good!! Where did you get the husks from?? Is it the same as fibre 89??

Sorry I am bit confused about all this.

Bx

4. Kate+Matt

Kate+Matt Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(14.23%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
  5. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    No the fibre 89 is inulin(tastes sweet to me so I don't get it now as I could easily eat loads in one go rather than add it to shakes :) ) The husks are a similar thing though and good for keeping you...er...regular :)

6. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Well done for getting it right, polishrose! I feel a bit more heartened about trying it myself now (your 'frogspawn' references were really putting me off, lol!), so I will defo have a go and do it as you suggest.

(I was hoping that linseed might have been the answer, but it seems that it's full of fats! :sigh:)

7. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    Yes give it a go :)

XlosingitX likes this.
  8. downesy

downesy Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(21.78%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I started using the husks last weekend and they are fab, they are definitely more filling in the shakes and do help to keep me more 'regular'. Only thing is, I find that I get more wind with them which can be embarrassing (sorry for TMI) :)

9. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've got the husks in capsule form - might have to give them a go tomorrow to help things along!

10. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Bought some H+B Colon Care the other day, and finally sorted it myself too (after a few gloopy mistakes!). I find a level teaspoon is enough for the amount of thickening I want - any more gives it a sort of life of its own, as it keeps escaping off your spoon like some sort of weird sea creature! :D

I'm using it in porridge and shakes (hot banana pudding anyone? yummy! :)) but after a soup disaster with it, am not so keen to try this again - perhaps less might work. (Savoury wallpaper paste is not my idea of a good time...:eek:) I find the best way to use it is to mix it with my CD powder before adding water and then give it a very good blend - it is a wee bit gritty but that's the price you pay!

Fab idea though - you feel much more full afterwards! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.