Psyllium Husks Porridge - Russian Doll Any1?

broadpaws

HI guys

as a few of you know I have been on this ad diet for approaching 230 days have lost over 9 stone - BUT I have been having really bad constipation problems in the latter half of the diet - so brought the Psyllium Husks powder today - to try adn make teh porridge as recommended on the other thread - I made it with hot water 100mls 2 scoops of PH and teaspoon of shake it just went like firm slime - remember those gimmicky "fart pots" that were popular a while ago - it was like that! Now I do not like the soups - so can someone please help me make the porridge or any other ideas would be greatfully welcomed!

Love
Caz x

MMMMMMMMM sounds scrumptious!! (not) lol.

I think you can put them into any of the sweet shakes too, but maybe a smaller amount so they don't go solid????

I tried a scoop in the shakes today Izzy - it was disgusting really bitty!! I quite fancied the "porridge!" although my attempt was AWFUL!!

Hi Caz

This is how I make it. My P husks say 2 teaspoons so I put 2 teaspoons of it is a small bowl with a heaped teaspoon of toffee and walnut or chocolate shake (you may very well want more but I don't like it too sweet.) I then put in a little cold water and mix to a paste and then a little more cold. Needs to be smooth enough that the hot water will mix in easily. You need to work quite quickly because it is absorbing and expanding all the time.

So then I add a little boiling water bit by bit and mixing continuously. As I said it keeps expanding so I keep adding water and mixing until it is the consistancy I want and stopped expanding. I guess you could add cinnamon or nutmeg too if you fancy it. (Will try that myself next time!)

It's more like a gluppy ready brek than porridge oats but I still enjoy it.

I had no instructions on how to make it was just trial and error so someone else may have a better method.

Hope it has the desired effect when you get to have them.

Dizzy x

Hmm if you don't get on with it, you could always try the Cambridge Fibre 89. I use that (haven't tried ph myself) and I really don't mind it at all - just makes shakes a wee bit thicker (much like my good self) hehe

Hi Caz,i have experimented with the Psyhillium husk powder and i made a mousse out of it,this is how i did it.

1) I took one pack or tetra(i used a chocky tetra)
2) i whisked the pack/tetra
3) i added 3 spoons on p husk powder then carried on blending it.
4) then it starts to get thick i spooned it into a glass and left in in the fridge to chill for about 45 mins.It comed out like a mousse (make sure u whisk/blend it very well otherwise i will be gritty)

ENJOY !!

thanks roch! Another one to think about!
Well the porridge was much better - and I do feel quite full for a relatively small amount - Thanks Dizzster!

Izobel - thanks for fibre tried it - liked it didn't make the shake taste nasty BUT unfortuntaley didn't seem to make any difference in the bottom department! So I am hoping that P HUsks may stop the need for me to Duco each week!

Thanks to everyone and long may our journeys continue to be successful!

Caz x

Glad it turned out OK Caz.

I'll still keep my fingers crossed re the 'bottom department'!

I don't use the husks for that reason so can't comment.

I just fancied the porridge.

Dizzy x

Izobel - thanks for fibre tried it - liked it didn't make the shake taste nasty BUT unfortuntaley didn't seem to make any difference in the bottom department! So I am hoping that P HUsks may stop the need for me to Duco each week!

Caz x

PH won't make you "go" - you need a laxative to do that - like ducolax. PH just make yr motions (wow that's what Drs call them!!!) - ok poo softer and more frequent! So if you are already constipated use Ducolax and then use PH or fibre 89 to stop it happening again.

thanks bev - but thanks to duco all constipation was cleared yesterday! So now hoping that PH will keep poo soft so that I can pass it - fingers crossed!!

Back