Psyllium Husks

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by SD1722, 1 February 2007 Social URL.

1. SD1722

SD1722 Sue

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Evening all - After being very excited at the thought of being able to make porridge with my packs, bulking it up with Psyllium Husks, I wanted to ask all the experts out there:

Do the Psyllium Husks have a taste?

Do you swallow the capsules or put the contents into your pack?

Thanks everyone! x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SD1722

SD1722 Sue

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Tiara, I know the answer to this! Yes you can, apparently i bulks it up to make it thicker.

Sounds good to me! I really want to start making the porridge, will be perfect for brekie!

4. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    On their own, psyllium husks to have a slight and distinctive taste (not strong - but not particularly pleasant). However, you can't taste it at all in the shakes or soups.

I've never taken the capsules but I think you just take them like tablets. Whichever method you use, remember to drink an extra glass of water to really make them work (they absorb 20 times their own weight in liquid).

[email protected] - psyllium husks are a bulking agent / fibre that prevents constipation whilst on a VLCD (this can be a big problem for many people). You can take them powdered and mixed in with shakes to make a 'porrige' or with soups to thicken them up. Alternatively you can take them as capsules.

If you want to know how to add them to the soups then just PM me ... I don't want to bore everyone with the details again :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.