Psyllium question!

bye-bigun!

Sensibly losing :)
Morning all, a morning of questions from me I am afraid. First off, sorry for not being around the last few days but my little guy now has a chest infection and added to no sleep and a hectic family of 5 I am wiped out! I will try to catch up with eveything tonight :)

Anyway, reason for posting is that I have bought some psyllium as the fibreclear wasnt helping me in the sightest... I have read mixed reviews regarding the initial implications and wondered if any of you can give your opinion..??

I have read that it can cause water retention, bloating and weight gain initially due to the water... how true is this? Can I please also ask what daily dose you all take? I have read varying things online, right now I am using just a teaspoon twice a day as of today... but have read it can be 4 x that much which seems excessive to me!!

Thanks for any info and enjoy the sunshine! :)
xxx

Sorry I'm of no help on this one - never heard of it..... Sorry to hear about the little guy and your subsequent lack of sleep - really hope he gets better soon

x

I took Psyllium husk capsules, three twice a day with 250 mls water, throughout my time on TFR. The psyllium bulks up in your bowel and draws in water from the surrounding areas, hence the need to drink a good glass of water with them.
They never affected my losses. I only had two occasions where I got really bunged up and needed a couple of dulcolax.

Back