Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Psyllium question!

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by bye-bigun!, 7 April 2011 Social URL.

1. bye-bigun!

bye-bigun! Sensibly losing :)

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Morning all, a morning of questions from me I am afraid. First off, sorry for not being around the last few days but my little guy now has a chest infection and added to no sleep and a hectic family of 5 I am wiped out! I will try to catch up with eveything tonight :)

Anyway, reason for posting is that I have bought some psyllium as the fibreclear wasnt helping me in the sightest... I have read mixed reviews regarding the initial implications and wondered if any of you can give your opinion..??

I have read that it can cause water retention, bloating and weight gain initially due to the water... how true is this? Can I please also ask what daily dose you all take? I have read varying things online, right now I am using just a teaspoon twice a day as of today... but have read it can be 4 x that much which seems excessive to me!!

Thanks for any info and enjoy the sunshine! :)
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. silly snacker

silly snacker Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.18%)
    Diet:
    LT
    Sorry I'm of no help on this one - never heard of it..... Sorry to hear about the little guy and your subsequent lack of sleep - really hope he gets better soon

x

4. Divster

Divster Banned

5. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    I took Psyllium husk capsules, three twice a day with 250 mls water, throughout my time on TFR. The psyllium bulks up in your bowel and draws in water from the surrounding areas, hence the need to drink a good glass of water with them.
    They never affected my losses. I only had two occasions where I got really bunged up and needed a couple of dulcolax.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.