1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Pub Lunch Advice Please :)

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Auburn, 27 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Not Eating Like a Pig
    Hello :)

We've got a works thing, a pub lunch tomorrow. I've got the menu, and have narrowed it down to the following, taking off lasagne, chicken goujons, steak pie, fajitas, carbonara, and scampi - All too naughty I think!!

I can make tomorrow any plan, I'll have an omelette for breakfast to allow for anything, and take lunch as my main meal...

Honey Chilli Chicken - how bad would the chilli sauce be?
    Chicken strips & sweet peppers in a sweet chilli sauce Served on a bed of rice

Home-made Chicken Curry - I think not, I don't know whether this would be a creamy curry, or what, and I would want chips not rice...!
    Served with rice or French fries & a Poppadom

Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding - if I syn the yorkshire pud, and gravy, and leave the skirlie, cos I don't like it anyway...
    Succulent slices of roast beef with Yorkshire pudding, gravy, Skirlie, peas & potatoes

Chef's own Chilli Con Carne - could leave the tortillas
    Sprinkled with cheese served with rice & tortilla chips

Cold Roast Platter - I'd have the spud instead of chips, and leave the coleslaw
    Roast beef, chicken & wafer thin ham served with salad garnish. Coleslaw, honey & mustard dip & baked potato or fries

Vegetable Teriyaki - undecided...
    Stir-fried vegetables with Chinese five spices & a light teriyaki sauce

Chargrilled Beef Burger - I'd leave the bread
    4oz burger served in an open flour bap with salad & fries.
    Additional toppings: cheese, chilli, bacon, onions

Salmon Burger - Again, leave the bread... Served in a flour bap with salad, fries & sweetcorn relish

Sausage & Mash - Don't think "creamy mash" is a good idea...
    Cumberland sausages with creamy mash & smothered in onion gravy

I think it is between the Cold Roast Platter [with a baked potato] or the Roast Beef...
    any advice please?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Back to Slimming World
    Just go for whatever you want, enjoy the meal and take a flexi syn day? I'd do that and have the burger :)!
  4. Jayner

Jayner Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    I would go for the cold Roast platter with jacket potoato, leave the coleslaw and the dip :D. But the chilli chicken sounds very nice too just be careful with your syns all day or have a flexi syn day . Hope this is helpful :) Most importantly enjoy ! x
  5. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Not Eating Like a Pig
    Thanks for the advices :)

I went for the honey chilli chicken, and it was pretty good :D
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.