Puffed Rice

lsf666

Watch this space...
I bought Puffed rice today as I though I could add some sweetner and it would be a bit like rice krispies BUT looked at the syn value online and it says 5.5 syns - which is the same as rice krispies which have tons of sugar.

This can't be right.:wave_cry:

When I used the manual calculator putting in rice as a free food it came out as free on EE and green which is what I expected.

Has anyone had this before???

Am confused :confused:

Forgot to add the pics I took...

Attachments

• rice.jpg
    rice.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 203
  • ing.jpg
    ing.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 199
Why can't you use rice as a free food??? :-(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

She didn't ask if it was a hexb it contains just rice and nothing else which is a free food.

I didn't ask if it could be a HEB I asked why it wasn't free like rice is?!

slickers said:
it is a cereal so will contain other ingredients that is why synned

It contains NO OTHER INGREDIENTS. I have posed a pic above of the ingredients - rice!

ginlin said:
Probably the same as rice krispies which is 5.5 syns per 28 g

Rice krispies have other ingredients including a ton of sugar! Hence my confusion and my growing frustration :-(

Here's a clearer pic of the ingredient. (there's only one - rice)

Attachments

• image-637042328.jpg
    image-637042328.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 343
I agree, its crazy it should have the same syn value as sugar loaded rice crispies.

It had never occurred to me that puffed rice, and maybe puffed wheat which contains nothing but wheat, could be free, they seem a little too processed. Like grating apple sort of thing, I suspect they'd be easier to eat lots of rather than in the original more dense and water filled original form.

I too would be grateful for clarification from a consultant. The thought of a free food cereal sounds great ..... but then ... when I used ordinary cooked rice or cous cous with soya milk as a free cereal my losses would slow down considerably

slickers said:
that has sugar and fat in it hence the 5.5 syns per 28g as most cereals

They are part of the structure of the rice. Eggs have sugars, fats and proteins in them but they are free.

My point (again) is that the ONLY ingredient is rice with no added sugar or fat - just rice?!?

Micci said:
I agree, its crazy it should have the same syn value as sugar loaded rice crispies.

It had never occurred to me that puffed rice, and maybe puffed wheat which contains nothing but wheat, could be free, they seem a little too processed. Like grating apple sort of thing, I suspect they'd be easier to eat lots of rather than in the original more dense and water filled original form.

I too would be grateful for clarification from a consultant. The thought of a free food cereal sounds great ..... but then ... when I used ordinary cooked rice or cous cous with soya milk as a free cereal my losses would slow down considerably

Thanks for understanding x

I will ask my consultant to investigate for me. :)

Thanks,

I'd be very interested in the official explanation.

Micci said:
what has sugar and fat? We have established the puffed rice has nothing but rice and puffed wheat has nothing but wheat

Puffed Wheat 160g (Rude Health) - HealthySupplies.co.uk. Buy Online.

as does the sainsburys and tesco brands

It's the rice one I got:

http://www.rudehealth.com/our-food/gluten-free-cereals

I can understand puffed wheat not being free as wheat isn't but rice is. I think I may give up and go to bed.

Thanks again x

Back