Puggso_32 - 4lb, the food dairy wins!!!!

puggso_32

Right to the 'point'
04th Febuary - New Beginnings

Greetings all, firstly a warning that this entry will be longer than any usual if you have never read my diary before. But I implore you to come back and read updates as wee comments now and then from people are quite nice :)

Anyway, why a new diary I hear you ask? Simple. When I started here in mid-December I had just finished uni for the semester and was based in the house studying for exams. The last diary covered all that well. However being back at uni now means I am going to have to alter everything, so with that I believe a fresh diary is the best way to go.

Being back at uni totally threw me off. Last week I kind of chucked it and just enjoyed myself a wee bit. I am only in uni 2 days a week (well for classes, but I go in on a third usually too). And 2 of these days I head straight to pipe band practice (hence the bagpipe blowign swot thing in my signature). So I can be out of the house until half 10 at night...maybe leaving at 7:15am. This caused complete havoc!

Also this weekend I went and saw one of my favourite bands - Dropkick Murphys - live in Glasgow and decided to drink a few ciders to make the gig better (you know how that works...don't you?) and then on Sunday had a couple of pints too.

However this is no more! I am now back on track. I just need to sit down and work out how to deal with the days. So that is what the following is!

NB! Don't need to read the following, this is simply for me to look at now and then, simply skip to "So what now" under this

Plan

Monday - Off uni.
Shake for Breakfast.
Shake mid afternoon/early evening
600 cal dinner at somepoint
Shake at night

Tuesday - Uni classes 9-11 then 3-4 (then stay until half 6 then go to pipe band).
Shake for breakfast (probably about half 8 when nearly at class).
Shake not long before next class.
600 cal of things I have made to eat (ie pasta, sanwhiches etc)
Shake when I finally get in

Wednesday - Off uni.
Shake for Breakfast.
Shake mid afternoon/early evening
Shake at night

Thursday - Off uni..however will probably go up and stay until half 6, then pipe band then home about half 10.
Shake for breakfast
Shake during the day at somepoint
600 cal of things I have made to eat at about 6pm (ie pasta, sanwhiches etc)
Shake when I finally get in

Friday - Class from 11-1
Shake for breakfast
Shake when I get home from uni (about half 2).
Shake before bed.

Saturday and Sunday will be treated as the days off from uni.

Alcohol is not that big an issue for me as I can easily go out and not drink during a night. There will be the odd time however I will get quite drunk, but it will be diet coke and vodka I think (a girls drink so I am told!!!).

So what now?

Well I am hoping that this will refocus me as it it designed specifically for my uni life rather than my studying in the house life. I will drink a lot of diet fizzy juice and water as I always do. At uni I will have little money with me (bank card for emergencies) so as not to be tempted.

I am really hopeful that this will spur me on as I have been doing really well up to now and the changes in my life (I can now squat....I know that sounds like a bizarre thing to notice but it took me as a shock when I noticed I was doing it getting something from the bottom of the freezer) are really good. I would really like to be where I want by my graduation in June/July. if not then by my 22nd birthday on 30th of July.

I know I can do this - I have already shown that - and think your support will help me on.

Also if your reading this, please reply as the conversation and chat always helps I find. The other diary had that die off. If you do reply I will make a point of finding your diary and subscribing to it.

Cheers in advance to you all,

Puggs

x

PS - I have moved my one stone challenge ticket back by 1 week after this weeks disaster. if starting everything over may as well do the same with that.

Hi Puggso,
Your plan sounds positive and very do-able! Just stick to it, give the pints a miss :)D) and you'll be at goal - with no problem - by your graduation. I'd try and avoid the pasta and sandwiches though as they may spark more hunger pangs and cravings. Maybe fill up on a huge green salad with some tuna or chicken breast! (That's my plan when I start weaning myself off this crazy stuff anyhows!:eek:)

Good luck. I'll pop by often to see how your're doing.

Take Care

Hi Puggso,
Your plan sounds positive and very do-able! Just stick to it, give the pints a miss :)D) and you'll be at goal - with no problem - by your graduation. I'd try and avoid the pasta and sandwiches though as they may spark more hunger pangs and cravings. Maybe fill up on a huge green salad with some tuna or chicken breast! (That's my plan when I start weaning myself off this crazy stuff anyhows!:eek:)

Good luck. I'll pop by often to see how your're doing.

Take Care

That sounds like a good plan actually. I was aiming more for things that were easier to make (I'm lazy haha!). I will have a rummage about and see what their is in the house before I head to tesco at somepoint.

Cheers for the input :)

....just found a big bag of frozen chicken. Think it will be chicken salad of some sort then.

Thanks for the shout, this seems like a good idea!

Go Puggso,
Chicken and Rucola salad....mmmmmmm

Have a great day!

I kinda went freestyle on it so it is the following.

Lots of chicken
Past Sauce
Any vegetables in the fridge
Ground Black Pepper
Bit of Brown Sauce (as had no Lee and Perrins)

Weighed it out by calories and have ended up with tonnes of the stuff. Should keep me going to say the least :D

Cheers for the advice!

05 Febuary - Fat In The Jing is My Hero

2 massive bowls of chicken in a pasta sauce with oodles of salad to the good and I think I have fell in love!

Had a couple of ryvita (Sesame seed ones if you really want to know) before I left the house today. Shake before the train. Them things alone made me full.

Smaller of my 2 chicken bowls around lunchtime (combined bowls 600cals at the very max!) and the bigger bowl about half an hour ago and feeling quite good for it. Had a 2 litre bottle with me today plus some diet fizzy juice during the day.

About to have a shake before I head to practice and will have one when I get in tonight.

Been going quite well under this new regime. Didn't feel hungry at all last night when going to bed which is a very good thing. I'm quite confident now I can settle in to this way for the remainder of uni (will be fully done and dusted by May 24th). I wonder how much I will be sitting at by then?* For now I simply want to keep losing as I have done. I always said an average of about 3lb a week is more than enough to keep me happy...currently I'm sitting at 2.5lb a week. Hopefully stepping it up a gear will help get closer to the 3lb mark. Even at 2.8lb I am fairly happy but goals are set to be achieved so I want to work towards it.

For now, I am feeling good and long may it continue!

*This is for my own looking back purposes :p

well done you love.. hehe.. and of course you had to drink at DKM.. seriously.. awesome stuff..
Your food sounds lush.. wish i could eat.. lol..
7 days.. woo..
Love love Cat x x x

well done you love.. hehe.. and of course you had to drink at DKM.. seriously.. awesome stuff..
Your food sounds lush.. wish i could eat.. lol..
7 days.. woo..
Love love Cat x x x

That was my feeling too...its not a DKM gig if your not drunk enough to dance!

Can see me partaking in some vodka and diet coke on the train to Paramore too. If Hayley looks that awesome normally I may pass out if having beer goggles on :p

That was my feeling too...its not a DKM gig if your not drunk enough to dance!

Can see me partaking in some vodka and diet coke on the train to Paramore too. If Hayley looks that awesome normally I may pass out if having beer goggles on :p

Lol.. i cant drink at paramore.. lol.. never minddddd.. it just means i shall be sober enough to appriciate the true musical genius.. and her bootiful self.. hehe.. thats how im lookin at it anyways.. lol..

but vodka diet coke the way to go instead of beer.. or whatever you drink..

I miss alcohol.. lol..

x x

Lol.. i cant drink at paramore.. lol.. never minddddd.. it just means i shall be sober enough to appriciate the true musical genius.. and her bootiful self.. hehe.. thats how im lookin at it anyways.. lol..

but vodka diet coke the way to go instead of beer.. or whatever you drink..

I miss alcohol.. lol..

x x

I was going to cut alcohol out completely but decided that was stupid and I need to get shitfaced now and then :D I did spend Christmas and New Year sober though :eek:

Today is going fine, mind you I did go to uni with zero money to make sure that would happen. But only 3 hours until tea time, think I have about 3/4 litre of water left from the 2 litres I brought with me!

I was going to cut alcohol out completely but decided that was stupid and I need to get shitfaced now and then :D I did spend Christmas and New Year sober though :eek:

Today is going fine, mind you I did go to uni with zero money to make sure that would happen. But only 3 hours until tea time, think I have about 3/4 litre of water left from the 2 litres I brought with me!

woo.. go you.. you're doing fab.. :).. and i have to do that too.. go out with no money.. i dont think i would cheat.. not now.. but who knows.. lol.. Hope you're having a good time at uni.. Am i right in thinking you're using tesco shakes? cos i told someone to come check it out cos she wasnt sure what to do.. and i thought you were doing that.. hmm.. who knows..

x x x

woo.. go you.. you're doing fab.. :).. and i have to do that too.. go out with no money.. i dont think i would cheat.. not now.. but who knows.. lol.. Hope you're having a good time at uni.. Am i right in thinking you're using tesco shakes? cos i told someone to come check it out cos she wasnt sure what to do.. and i thought you were doing that.. hmm.. who knows..

x x x

That is the shakes I'm using aye, basically because I am a cheap student who doesn't see the point in slimfast if there is a cheaper alternative :D

07 Febuary

Off uni today, could have worked but decided against it...such is life eh?

Instead - due to a cancelled train on his part - myself and my brother went out a decent walk (that's him that posted a wee bit above under marxist_ton...hi andy!). I'm hooked on tesco diet kick with cranberry. 20 cals in 1 litre bottles! Can be handy for uni I think.

We went to Iceland on the way up the road and picked up some things. Including weight watchers chips. Used them in my tea along with ready cooked chicken and gravy. A big massive plate of the stuff and I made sure it was roughly hitting 600 calories. Also got these wee éclair things, about 40 cals in each. That's my desert for the next 9 days sorted! Brilliant stuff, could go that a lot more often. Might go looking for more things I can make rather than just throwing something in the micro - however sometimes that's all I can be bothered with doing.

A sober weekend, gearing up for a good bevvy on the 23rd so going to stay dry until then.

oh yeah.. why the 23rd.. hehehe..
well done honey.. you're doing fab.. hope you had fun on your walk..
Love n hugs
Cat x x

oh yeah.. why the 23rd.. hehehe..
well done honey.. you're doing fab.. hope you had fun on your walk..
Love n hugs
Cat x x

My pipe band ceilidh is that night. One of the rare time 2 of my groups of mates will meet, piping and those outside of piping (with the uni ones never seeming to meet anyone else!). And they always hit it off really well.

So to enjoy a night out with the pipe band booze is needed, and also when considering my mob need to travel into Glasgow with me (and back) then there is plenty of booze time. Basically drinking is needed as it enhances the evening...total fact!

Then 5 days after that I well partake some alcohol once more, working up the courage to steal a wee redhead :D

Omg omg omg omg!

Birdseye steam chicken pasta, some oven chips and 2 bits of bread.

Epic!

That is all :D

Awesomeness.. you can come cook for me anyday.. LOL.. as long as its free range chicken.. very strong opinion of mine.. hehe..
good luck with your dissertation..
x x

Back