Puggso_32 - The diary

Well done you!!!

Enjoyed reading this diary, so I'll keep checking back to see how you are doing, so you know at least one person is looking forward to reading about your experience - so no excuses for not posting!!!

Haha, thanks! I'll make sure and post!

And with that....

29th December - My Name Is Stephen....

...and it is 2 weeks since my last drink! 2 weeks ago tonight was the last time I drank alcohol. Probably the biggest sacrifice being made while on this thing. I haven't been out that much so can't really claim to have missed it but at the same time am really happy I have gotten through the Christmas period fine.

Been happy this week. The 2 shakes and a meal thing is progressing well and I'm adapting a lot better than I expect. I even felt very full after my first shake today. Been using tesco microwavable healthy meals. Simply for the handiness and the fact it says right on the box how many calories are in it. Plus they taste not too shabby.

Not sure what to expect when I weigh myself on Monday. I do notice little things like I can walk with less force. In fact I got news of a piping gig at New Year (£100, student, not to be sniffed at) and was with my wee brother when I heard and started doing these mad jumps. It's hard to explain but I noticed in the middle of doing these that it was much easier to do them then before...I wonder if that makes sense.

In other news the studying is going well now, I like once I have all my information pretty much collated and ready to go then it is just the repetition and committing to memory. It is a lot less stressful as I can wake up each day and know what I have to do. The exams are fast approaching mind you so all other social activities - minus piping at the bells - have been chucked aside!

Also - with the piping news - got a new PC on the money I am getting plus some I stored. No longer using the family PC which runs about as fast as I do! Which is a great aid.

Apart from the above I have little else to say. Hope you all had a good Christmas and celebrate the New Year in style. Will most likely post again on Monday.

7Ibs lost. Well done mate. :clap:

Been using tesco microwavable healthy meals. Simply for the handiness and the fact it says right on the box how many calories are in it. Plus they taste not too shabby.

No longer using the family PC which runs about as fast as I do! Which is a great aid.

Hah - that made me laugh about the PC!!!

I eat a lot of Microwave meals too for exactly the same reason.. when I cook from scratch I always make far too much, at least with Microwave Meals I know exactly how many calories there are in them, and can't eat more than is there. Diets are not a case of 'one size fits all', you have to find what suits and just do it!

Hah - that made me laugh about the PC!!!

I eat a lot of Microwave meals too for exactly the same reason.. when I cook from scratch I always make far too much, at least with Microwave Meals I know exactly how many calories there are in them, and can't eat more than is there. Diets are not a case of 'one size fits all', you have to find what suits and just do it!

The only one I do differently is this tesco steam fish in a sauce that is about 150 calories. So I had some past into it and have a couple of bits of bread to make it up to 500. Really nice and filling too! :D

So I had some past

I'm too tired...that's meant to read "So I add some pasta...."

And on that

31st December - New Year, New life?

I'm sure if you look at my signature you will see that I have dropped another 5lb this week bringing the total up to 12 in 2 weeks. This is far better than I ever expected. I have lost the same amount in two weeks that took me about half a year last time! And considering I wolfed down anything on the table at Christmas dinner I feel ever better for it!

I don't expect to keep these amounts up. I'm thinking when I get to my preferred weight if I average a loss of about 3lb a week I'll be very happy. But then again, I am giving up food and want to see some good returns for it. I make it 28 weeks until my 22nd birthday which was my initial aim so 2 and a half lbs a weeks would get me there from where I am at. Not unrealistic in the slightest I feel.

The best is I'm sticking to this almost religiously. And I feel on these results so far I would be incredibly stupid to go off the wagon. To be fair I just had an after eight mint...but I lost 5lbs dammit :D I look forward to my shakes and meal and really enjoy them. And have drank about 20 cans of fizzy diet juice in the last week (we always get them in over Christmas for some reason...what makes cans so much more acceptable to bottles at this time of year I will never know) and also drinking a lot of water too. Almost a competition with myself to keep my urine clear...anything to amuse myself.

So can anyone guess my New Years resolution? If you can't then I'm not even saying it...but it should seem pretty obvious ;)

Hope you all have a good night.

Cya in 2008

Hi Puggso_32,

Well done you on your 5lb. loss this week!!!:happy096:

Your well on your way to having your first stone off!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Puggso_32,

Well done you on your 5lb. loss this week!!!:happy096:

Your well on your way to having your first stone off!

Love Mini xxx

Cheers! :) Yeah hopefully get that by next week!

Blooming heck, you'll be at that stone mark by next week!! Well done you - keep up the good work, a healthy diet is for life not just for Xmas.

*guffaws at hilarity of dishing out advice she cannot follow*

Wednesday 02 January - All Good Men Get Led Astray

So piping at New Year went well. Was a good crowd and the band were good at the piping went down well. And I was offered a free bar! But my common sense won over in the end and I stuck to the diet cokes all night. It was as much about avoiding the hangover as about avoiding the massive amounts of calories I would take in. Got in about 1am and had some food I rarely have as a kind of New Year Treat. Well I had spent the good part of the last 3 hours sweating half my weight off through piping and walking to and from the pub.

Did feel good mind you enjoying that food. And there was no after shame as I had felt I had really deserved it for the work I had put in across the night and the weight I had lost thus far.

Shame last night didn't have the same excuse. If there is one thing in life that buckles the very best of us it is left over chinese. And I devoured that duck and noodles like it was going out of fashion. Ok this time I felt a tad shameful afterwards but still didn't let it get me down as I know it was just a minor blip on the road. Today is back to normal and everything is as it should be. Need to head to tesco tomorrow for some milk and shakes as running out.

Hope everyone else had a more successful time of it over the last couple of days than I did!

Happy 2008 y'all!

You really make me smile. I can well imagine you saying all this with a George Galloway accent.

You have such mental strength .... I admire you.

Keep up the good work.

xxx

You really make me smile. I can well imagine you saying all this with a George Galloway accent.

You have such mental strength .... I admire you.

Keep up the good work.

xxx

If only I had that accent! I don't even know where the hell he places that, as it's definitely not a natural one haha! Seems like his years down south have made him try to emphasise his Scottish accent a tad!

6th January - Pens at the ready

The day directly before an exam is a weird one for me. As I am the kind of person who (mates words, not mine) "kicks the **** out of studying" by now I know everything I feel I need to know for an exam and it's more just repeating it over and over again. So it usually means I can take it easy rather than sit in a panic trying to learn new things. My theory is if I have studied for this long then anything I have missed couldn't be that important.

Tomorrow - with the exam - will be the first time I have commuted under the diet. To be fair I have not really planned how to deal with it in the slightest, the exam itself being more important. I'm only up two days for exams then off for a couple of weeks but I will be out the house from about 9am until 7pm so am a bit wary of how to approach it all. My mum bought weight-watchers bread as she knows I enjoy a wee bit of bread with a meal so I might just make a few sandwiches that I can eat before the exam as I am not up on going in hungry. When I get back to uni for the next semester I'll have the tesco carton shakes but at the moment I don't feel it would be really worth it. Shake in the morning, water and diet juice during the day along with food about 1pm before my exam (2pm) and hopefully I will be ok.

One thing about dieting I have noticed is that a weekly weigh-in is good but that keeping tabs on yourself during the week helps immensely. After Monday and Tuesdays gorge-fest (curse you chinese) I knew I would be over but checked anyway. Doing that focussed me a bit more and am expecting to report a loss tomorrow :D

Anyway, don't expect a post from me until Friday (minus the weigh in tomorrow) until my exams are done. It's funny actually...my first post in here was the Saturday before I started studying for these exams...with the diet starting on the Monday. Not been at uni at all during this period.

....I wonder how many people could come back from the Christmas holidays 1 stone down! :D

Good luck with your exams!

12th January - Back to the norm

What a hard going week. If you check the weigh-in area you'll see I haven't lost anything this week. And this I have no issue with at all. In the grand scheme of things one of my most stressful weeks ever wont be remembered for not losing any weight.

The exams went very well I feel. I also got coursework marks back for both topics and they are in the high 70s which is brilliant. They both count for 40% of my overall mark which directly affects my degree! So I am happy.

The exams went well too. Considering the amount of work I put in I would be annoyed if they hadn't have went well. Mondays was the easier to study and therefore felt it went better. Thursdays was the harder but the more interesting and much easier to mould good argumentative arguments.

Problem was around the exams the empty stomach at nights was hampering my sleep so rather than fight it and be tired I decided to eat...which did lead to sleep. So I wasn't expecting a decent weigh-in this week anyway.

But that is me now, off until the 28th and also no reasons to not sleep at night. So I am right back onto it. 2 shakes a day, upto 600 cal (I know, I have upped it my 100 but I will be more more active now and make this difference up easily) and lots of water or diet fizzy juice.

Back piping too with the band which takes energy plus the band I play drum kit in has a gig on Saturday and we have been practicing too which is really hard going, a great work out!!!

Going out drinking this Thursday with guys from uni. A vodka and diet coke has about 60 calories, so my stupid plan is to avoid a meal one day to make up the difference, either this or take a long walk on Friday. Not overly sure yet...we'll see I guess.

So for now I have a week of nothing. The next week I will be working on my dissertation. I will be going back to uni a stone lighter already, with a bit of hard work (not luck!) I can remove a decent bit more!

15 January - Quick Update

Just a short one as I tried my suit jacket on last night. This just fit when I got it and the bottom button is close to falling off due to the stress it would be put under.

This is it now,

DSC02541.jpg

Please excuse hairy nakedness as I was about to go for a shower when I decided to try it.

Still.....:D

OMG!!!!! lol!!!!!

I have to admit i was peaking hard to see if I could see anything else ... :giggle:

Anyway, well done honey xxx

OMG!!!!! lol!!!!!

I have to admit i was peaking hard to see if I could see anything else ... :giggle:

Anyway, well done honey xxx

:eek:

....I had boxers on :p

19 January - Crash, Bang, Wallop

Hear that sound? That is me falling right off the wagon. I hate blaming it on something but it is down to the fact I was drinking - a lot - on Thursday night. A great night, don't get me wrong, but I always suffer from tremendously huge hangovers. And that just makes me miserable and want to just lie in bed, and usually eat. Which I did...a lot.

So this is the plan. Get through to Monday and assess the damage and from there get right back into it. I was doing well and know therefore that I can do this. My band has a gig tonight and I have a 35cl bottle of vodka to drink before I go on (rock and roll eh!) so that wont get me drunk enough to have a chronic hangover. After that I don't see me drinking for a while. Sure it is fun to get smashed but the hangover and everything associated with it is not fun.

Plus this not needing to leave the house isn't helping me. It was ok when studying as I had something to do. Hopefully when I get back to uni it will be easier. Next week - although off - I need to get a good bit of my dissertation done so will be concentrating on that.

In the end I'm not really that angry as I knew fine well what I was doing, just a tad annoyed....furking booze!

21 January - erm......whit the hell?!?!

Weigh in this morning expecting the very worst. On the scales I pop. I know right away I am under my last weight. I use old mechanical scales as the electric ones we have kept giving wild readings so different between going on them, coming off, going back on. With the mechanical I set it to 0, see where it goes, come off, reset if it is not on 0, repeat and keep doing so until I am certain there is a predominant weight showing, especially if it goes back to zero.

So this takes a bit of messing about but I finally get a same result every time. I was still tired and struggling to fully make out what number it had hit on so took a picture to zoom on the computer (ah technology eh!). And there it was - see weigh in page for picture - 13 stone and 6 pounds.

Now this week has been an awful one for me, I haven't stuck to the diet at all plus got drunk 2 nights of it; albeit diet coke with vodka...well the way it was mixed most would say it was vodka with some diet coke!! I don't get it. The body truly is a strange creature, reading yo-yos diary has shown me that! So I may stick right to it this week and pay for it next week, simply do not know.

The problem has been I have had nothing to really do. I have spent most of my days last week lounging about the house as the guy I used to hang about with while off uni has sold out and finally got a job...selfish or what! I need to be always doing something. Have my mind clear of it. This week I work on my dissertation so I feel this could be a good place for that word every dieter hate....

Restart.

*shudder*

I'm sure most have been there. Been going along fine then totally lose the plot, leading to the ultimate disaster word. To restart shows you have the will to get back into it but at the same time shows you have failed for brief period.

So aye, dissertation work needs to be done this week before returning to uni. That is something to concentrate on so hopefully will help me regain my focus.

Back