Puggso_32 - THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE NEW THREAD (details within)

Not getting home today until about 10 or so.

So to kill time I have - ironically - ended up back in my uni. As an alumni I can use the facilities and my work is about 10 minutes from here.

So had to pop to sainsburys for my tea. Got a sandwhich, quavers and a kit kat sensations. All in coming to about 550 calories.

Depending how tired I am when I get home I will either eat the remaining calories or just go to bed.

Also I need opinions. I am considering moving my WI to a Friday. Simply because I seem to do a hell of a lot better during the working week than I probably will on a boozy weekend so think the further away from the weekend I can make it the better.

Thoughts?

As long as it is the same day each week that's all that matters. Are you likely to have boozy weekends? If so Fri might be better

Irene xx

I read somewhere that Monday is the best day for a weigh in as it keeps you in check over the weekend ("I had better not have that giant pizza even if it is Saturday, as it is weigh in on Monday")

However I think it is whatever suits you and your lifestyle. Why not try Fridays, you can always move back. :)

Cheers you two! I'm gonna try Fridays but will step on the scales tomorrow and see how I'm getting along as I have been keeping up with it this week!

...will change my signature etc about at somepoint too!

Had a quick WI this morning and it's all going fine :D

Will alter the dates etc in my signature when I get in tonight.

Work is going well. Nice place and nice people. Shame about getting up at 6.30am mind you.

On the plus, it really distracts from eating. It's not 6.22pm, nearly 12 hours on the go (plus a good 3 and a half miles walked) and I don't feel that hungry or lethargic.

I'll change my signature in a minute :)

congrats on your new job! ive been away on holiday so thus havent been online :) x

3 down :D

1 over par and here's to many more! Well done you. Your walking has probably come at the right time for you then.

Thanks. I probably walked that much when not working, but was worried I would lose it when working. So to still have it has been great!

So that's my first week done. And I can't get over how easy it is to stick to the diet when working. First shake while walking up to work from the bus. Water and a can of fizzy diet juice during the morning, through the first break.

I take a late lunch, sit and read the paper and have my other shake. Water etc again during afternoon and the break and then home. Get in the door about 6 and have my tea about 7. By then I can go the rest of the night without eating due to being tired and going to bed at a reasonable time.

So hopefully the weight will come off even faster than I am aiming for...that would be a great bonus.

Tomorrow I am going up to Pitlochry with a mate from my pipe band. It's the last games of the season but we aren't playing. Just taking the train through for a good day out. Picked up two shakes for it (and vodka and mixer *ahem*) so should stay on top of it all!

Any one else got anything interesting planned for the weekend?

My mission for the next 6 days. Not to step on the scales once until Friday.

If I do it...someone shoot me :)

well done on the weight loss.

Glad your work is going well too:)

Hi Pugso, I've just come across your thread, and I find it refreshing to read a blokes account of dieting, so hope you don't mind me coming along for the journey. I think your attitude is brill....you seem so laid back, I love it....good luck in the new job, and yep your right most maternity leavers, stay on the books to collect their entitlements (and bl%%dy right too I say :p ), but when it comes to handing over baby and going back to work, they decide its not worth it (note to any pregnant women, I said Most, not All so don't smack me, I'm generalising for sure :giggle:) Well done on your 3lbs loss this week, your already ahead of the game ;)

well done on the weight loss.

Glad your work is going well too:)

Thank you :)

Hi Pugso, I've just come across your thread, and I find it refreshing to read a blokes account of dieting, so hope you don't mind me coming along for the journey. I think your attitude is brill....you seem so laid back, I love it....good luck in the new job, and yep your right most maternity leavers, stay on the books to collect their entitlements (and bl%%dy right too I say :p ), but when it comes to handing over baby and going back to work, they decide its not worth it (note to any pregnant women, I said Most, not All so don't smack me, I'm generalising for sure :giggle:) Well done on your 3lbs loss this week, your already ahead of the game ;)

Cheers for the nice words. Hopefully what you say happens and I'll get kept on and be able to move up to Glasgow, getting rid of the 6.30am starts!

My mission for the next 6 days. Not to step on the scales once until Friday.

If I do it...someone shoot me :)

I'll shoot you! :p
:D
Congrats Puggs, old buddy old pal! I hope i too can be as successful this Friday coming. However I doubt it considerably, lol. xx

Back