Purple Hugs - Babe in arms!!

Hi jane glad it's all going well. Am typing this on the iPhone with just me thumb. Missymoo is having her first snack of the day. Has fallen asleep on boob, will try and see if she will settle to sleep. My eye are crossing / shutting whilst doing this so will sign off now

Ahh how well I know the baby on boob eye shutting feeling! lol Hope you got a good night - or enough sleep to cope at least! lol

We're off to England tomorrow to do the 'rounds' with family and friends. lol Catrins first trip abroad! lol

Have a good one. Am doing the usual night feed and as usual missy has gone back to sleep. Went downstairs earlier to express and got 2oz, so am feeling pleased. We had an early night and I fell to sleep quickly. So feel relatively rested at 3.30 in the morning lol!
Feels almost like the old times during last trimester when couldn't sleep and would pad round the house snacking and drinking tea. Suppose I had better go to sleep. Enjoy your time abroad and the opportunity to show off your new edition :)

2oz is great angie! I got nearly 2 oz last time but i'd been out for a few hours! lol Need to start up expressing again as its been half term from college so have had a 'break'. lol

Catrin is feeding well still and regulated pretty much into 3 hours during the day now. And stunned me from her usual 2 hour routine of a night she went from 10.30pm till 1.30am then 2am till 6am!! Amazing! lol

off for her jabs tomorrow - :( not looking forward to them. They're a week late as we were away last week. Will be her first weigh in for 3 weeks so will be interesting. :D

Hiya hun, just popping by to say hello and see how you're getting on. How did Catrin get on with her jabs? Hope they weren't too painful for her.
xxxxx

Hi girls, well Catrin weighed in at 8lb 4.5oz so had gained half an oz short of a lb in 3 weeks! I'm really pleased but as she is a FRACTION down on her centile line Health visitor said 'if she drops below the line we'll have to talk about this weight thing'.. that was her words and it really bugged me!! She's itching for me to have to supplement. So I'm doing my damndest to try to avoid her having to talk to me about it! lol
I know I don't have to have her weighed and don't have to take the HV's advice but she's really bugging me anyway.

Her injections went fine - she cried of course but was due a feed and it really helped settle her.
I was at college last night though, so after another feed at home I left her fast asleep -she slept for over 2 hours and when I got home DH said he almost phoned me as she was really unsettled on waking - he couldn't settle her fully and the bottle didn't do the trick. A little feed and a cuddle and she was fine bless her, she went down at 9pm (I got in at 8.30) and slept till 2am before a feed and then till 5.30am when she was awake for the day, but in fairness that's a great night for her. She's all smiles and giggles this morning so obviously feeling fine. :)

Just need to get the HV off my back and I'll be happy! lol

Girls are doing fine - back to school today and can't come too quickly for Adele! lol she loves school bless her! lol
Erin came to breast feeding group with me yesterday and loved seeing all the babies and playing with Catrin - she raided all the toys for catrin! lol

personally.. I got a big big treat yesterday.. it's coming by post and cost nearly £300.. but is worth £450.. yes it's a saddle for Thunder!!!
can't wait!! lol Its a thorowgood T6 which is a lovely saddle for jumping and riding. :) did I say I can't wait!? lol

I'm sure if you weren't giving her enough you'd have a very unsettled baby, stick with what your doing, she is putting on weight and is a happy baby.

Good on ya treating yourself to a new saddle, are you back horse riding now.

PS: Thanks for the hypno birthing info in my diary, gonna look through it today as think it would be good.

Thanks Minime thats my way of thinking too and in the cold light of day that's DH's too which is a relief as he was suckered in a bit yesterday I think. lol

You're welcome about the hyno birthing it is fab in helping you BELIEVE in your body and mind. And remember birth is completely natural. Also great for relaxation and keeping your head in check when labour arrives. It really did work its magic for me.

not riding yet and have a lot of work to do with my young pony (big) to back him this year. He's throwing wobblies at me at the moment bless him! lol that's what a year 'off' or pretty much off does for him! lol

I'm hoping to return to riding sometime soon, maybe even this week though it'll be slow and steady on a nice ploddy riding school pony. lol I'm really looking forward to it though, just wish I was 2 stone lighter again! lol

Glad everything is going well for you both. When Rhiannon had her jags i breastfed her while they done it and she didnt flinch, it was recommended by the hv and worked a treat. sumthin for u to think about next lot.

Keep going at the breastfeeding ur doing great. ive lost faith in Hv's this time, anytime i ask mine anything i never get a good answer out her.... so u stick to ur guns.

Thanks Mrs d ((hugs)) Hope you are all doing well and things have settled down for you personally too.
Thanks for the tips on feeding while having the injections. I can't see them going for that in the jabs though as they seemed to think I couldn't possibly feed in front of someone else. Honestly.. I wasn't bothered about feeding in the waiting room but no.. they were horrified at the thought! lol The hardest thing was having Adele with us as she needed occupying but we took her leapster to occupy her! lol she loves it and it worked a treat. For all she's 5 she is well capable of running riot like a 2 or 3 year old still unfortunately.

Well this morning I'm chuffed to say I'm still losing half a lb a day at the moment, not sure what has clicked in my head but no longer eating all the rubbish I was. Am eating well and plenty so feeding isn't an issue I don't think. :)
Fingers x'd she gains well this week. I don't know what I'll do if have advice to supplement, I won't give up BF not at all, and am trying to express when I go 'too long' between feeding Catrin and if she short feeds on the left etc. but fingers x'd it all goes well.

Great news that I've dropped in weight again. Currently 212lbs / 15st 2lb. Only 3lb till I'm in the 14st zone again - then under 200 here I come! lol
am feeling much more in the zone and Lisa Marie has just reminded me to take my inches down, so will dig out a tape measure and do that. :) Will be nice to head towards those smaller jeans I can't fit into! lol I'm around a 20 at the moment as in my 'baggy' 18's. And a pair of 20's. Both were huge on me when I first fell pregnant.

Catrin is doing well and the girls too. :) Saddle arrived for thunder so all going well.

well 1 week into March and I'm the same weight. Gained 1.5lb, lost it, gained 1lb, lost it again.. but at least it's gone for now and not a gain I guess.
Will try harder this week for sure.

Tiredness is playing a fair part of my day each day at the moment. Catrin is up somewhere between every 90 mins - 2 hours all night long! lol Growth spurt I'm thinking, or she has an easy life as my DH called it this morning! lol
Still, she's doing well and thats the main thing. :)

Got a letter from a college I applied to, so have to set up an interview and assessment for a mini course from April till June - 2 evenings a week. Which leads to a year long course in sept - same 2 evenings a week. Its the same course I'm doing at the moment then following onto a 2 year course. So this other college can 'trim' off a year from my study time if I can get onto the course. Fingers x'd. I'll try my best anyhow.

Have booked a riding lesson this Thursday.. first in 18 months due to back injury then pregnancy with Catrin! My riding instructor has strict instructions to go easy on me! lol I know her quite well so should be ok. :) Bet I'm walking like John Wayne on Friday though! lol really is good fitness all over though so looking forward to that and riding itself. :D

Thanks :) Really enjoyed it! Surprised I remembered everything so well, no nerves or anything. :)
101_9096.jpg

Here I am on Marco.. sadly the other shots from the side well lets say the Queen song 'fat bottomed girl' came to mind.. and as for my belly.. goodness! lol
But.. each lb I lose is one less to go eh. :) And BF catrin is important.

Catrin is doing well, 12 weeks today. :) pulling herself up when she's laying against my chest, and in tummy time. :) Still feeding well and sleeping pretty well too. :) seems more 'good nights' than sleepless now. :p

Hoping to ride again on Tuesday and my RI said she'll let me limber up a bit on Sunday if I'm stiff so that was lovely of her. Can't wait for the time when I'm jumping on my own pony! lol Not long not long! :)

Thanks :) and I'll bet you don't look bad at all Kirsty! you're a lot nearer goal than I am! lol Loving your signature about happiness! Really pleased for you.

And yes.. time has flown! Another 3 months and my lovely Catrin will be weaning, sitting up etc.. not babies for long at all.

I know! lol Catrin 'watches' as we walk by with food now like she's interested vaguely. Mad to think that they weaned by now years ago - I was considered pretty late starting with my eldest as she was 4 months when I began. My neighbour has 3 kids and the youngest is now 18.. he weaned at 6 WEEKS!! she was trying to convince me I should do the same to get catrin's weight up a bit! honestly!!

Have you looked into baby led weaning at all? I've only fed puree's firstly when weaning but am thinking of going down the BLW route this time - at least some of it anyhow.

Catrin must've been a tired girl yesterday as she slept from 4pm with only an hour and a half of awake time at 7pm. she was happy and smiling / interacting with us all but went back to bed around 8.30pm.

We all have a bit of a cold at the moment - dh is the worst and catrin's been sneezing so guess it's going her way - hopefully she'll fight it better due to my anti-bodies.

Back