Purple Hugs - Babe in arms!!

She's just lovely! No wonder you all look over the moon!

Thanks so much girls! ((hugs)) we are all very proud and loved up! lol the girls are sooo sweet with her and I just know she's going to be spoiled! lol

Am relieved to say we seem to be 'getting there' with teh breast feeding - using a nipple shield tonight on my left breast - as per the MW's suggestion - whilst not everyone approves of them it has led to Catrin latching on there when she wouldn't before - so that can only be a good thing.

She has warned that we are likely heading for jaundice as her skin is 'red' when crying etc so her blood cells are raised - due to my supplement needed for iron levels it could seem - so not great but not the worst as they'll monitor it and take appropriate action if need be. Just hope that isn't hospital but if it is then it is. Slow BF won't have helped either but I'm hoping she's catching up a bit now and will help.
Fingers x'd my milk comes through soon to help.

Oh I missed this!!! How beautiful she is!

Oh bless.

Many congratulations PH!!

Thanks KD much appreciated!

OMG i dont log in for a few days as i was ill and all the excitement happens, huge congrats Jane, hope things are going well and Catrin is feeding well xx

Thanks hun :) am relieved to say Catrin is feeding really really well now! lol
so much so she's been on one boob or t'other since around 7pm tonight! lol She's definately a cluster feeder in teh evening! lol But it's reassuring as I can 'see' the progress that my chest has made! lol milk is on it's way in which is a huge relief as wasn't even sure my left breast would work due to having had a benign lump removed some years back. I'm having to use a nipple shield on that one as she won't latch on, but it's working fine! lol

Sleep wise catrin loves cuddles - as all newborns do, so DH and I are taking it in turns to be up with her - I'm up till around 3am and he's up from around 3am! lol We haven't actually shared a bed since she arrived but we know we love each other and it's only temporary! Hope to be in my bed with him for xmas but we'll see. We're not comfy co-sleeping with a baby and she's not comfy in her moses basket yet though is getting there briefly. So fingers x'd.
lol

I must say I hadn't accounted for the revolving door that is our front door now! lol And the phone that never stops! But it is really nice. Neighbours etc are really welcoming of her. :) I slept through two visitors today! lol

Jane have you tried swaddling to get her used to her moses basket? In the hospitals they swaddle the newborns and I think thats why Charlie has been happy in a crib or basket from the start.

yes trying that and getting her to sleep in it in the daytime a little more now. She just doesn't stay down long yet when she's in there. Will get there though - have had the same issues before with foster babies and always gotten there pretty fast. Just been using more skin to skin / cuddles for breast feeding too. So all coming together.
Think my milk is through today as had some leakage after she fed earlier. lol

AwwwwwwwwwwAAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww congrats jane! Sounds a lovely labour and the photos are beautiful!

Congratulations! :D

I'm so pleased for you all! She is absolutely gorgeous and you're looking radiant as the new mum again. I love the family pic, you all look so happy and content.

Oooh, I can't wait until my due date even more so now!

x

Thanks girls! :D Am over the moon. :)
Off to show her off at the breast feeding support group tomorrow so that'll be lovely. Last week I joked about coming back this week with her, and about being 'free' on Wed, Thurs or Friday to have baby! lol She arrived on the Thursday! lol

Congratulations!!!!

She is gorgeous. And ur looking great too. SOunds like you had a good birth. Glad all went smoothly for u.

Take care xx

glad everything is going well hon :) you are making me even more impatient and i have to wait so long!! saying that i haven't sorted or bought anything yet so it's probably a good thing :)

abz xx

Wow, I haven't been on this forum for the longest time and it hardly seems like 9 months have past since you announced you were pg Purple Hugs and here you are with your beautiful baby daughter.

A huge congratulations to you and yours and what a wonderful addition to your family and an even better Christmas present.

Hope you're keeping well and a happy new year to you all.

Po
x

PH -Congratulations

What a lovely addition to your family. She is gorgeous. You must all be so proud.
I bet it was a busy Christmas in your house this year!
Beautiful photos. Happy 2010. x

Thanks - definately busy! lol am having to learn to type one handed too! lol
Huge congrats on your weight loss journey. I'm starting all over again.. but with good reason. :)

Quick update - Catrin is doing well. feeding well and put on 3 oz last week. now weighing 6lb 2oz. Health visitor took over, and visited. She implied I should be supplementing breast feeding but as Catrin is gaining now I am happy to keep just brest feeding.

Well I managed to lose half a lb this week. Not much in the scheme of things but definately progress and am now getting my head into NOT eating so much chocolate / biscuits etc etc.. xmas supplies are pretty much gone now so that's good too. lol

Catrin is doing well and feeding well - she gained 3oz in 5 days last week so that was fab news. :)
Her sleeping is good but still in her car seat!! I'm ashamed to say that but she really won't take to her moses basket.
We introduced a Dummy this week so that DH can settle her a little easier and so I can have a 'break' between cluster sessions of a night. I ran dry one night and she was not a happy baby at all. I had to stop using one boob for a couple of hours till i had enough for a 'real' feed for her to get her to sleep (at 2am in the end).
I must admit I shed a few tears the next day as had 3 hours sleep all in all and she started clustering again in the morning and to be honest by 10am it was all too much. DH realised then that it had really gotten to me - he's been helping as much as possible but i think he understands the drain of cluster feeding in the evenings a lot more now. We got out a few days in the morning just to give me a break as Catrin regulates to 2-3 hour feeds then, so that really helped.

Am off to Breast feeding support group tomorrow and hoping weather allows me to go to college for the first time since Catrin arrived but we'll see if that happens or not. lol

Great that she's gaining and you're losing :) It's still very early days for you though so don't beat yourself up!
If Catrin is showing preferance for he car seat over the moses basket then why worry? That's obviously where she's comfortable, nothing for you to feel ashamed of!
Glad you're getting out and about and that's giving you a break, enjoy college and your BF group tomorrow, fingers crossed you make it. I'm praying for no more snow too as i have my dress fitting tomorrow and with less than 3 weeks to go time is ticking!

Thanks Vickie - really appreciate it. :)
Just want to say good luck for your wedding! hope all goes to plan and the weather improves for it. :D

College and BF group were great today... forcast snow tomorrow so am scrapping our plans to go through to Swansea - in case we get caught up in snow while the girls are at school.

Am elated to say that Catrin is asleep in her moses basket! And has been for over 2 hours now!! :D She also slept in it for 45 mins yesterday evening.. so maybe we are getting somewhere! lol
Fingers x'd we can extend it gradually.

Also she weighed in at her birth weight today so had gaind 3.5 oz this last week. :D Am chuffed though Health visitor is a bit hard to 'read' if you know what I mean.. can't tell if she's overly concerned about her weight or just not keen on breast feeding.. or just not saying anything.
Definately not feeling support from her, so glad I have the BF support group.

Back