Purple Hugs - Babe in arms!!

Hi girls - well all is good, thanks for asking Kirsty. Just don't get much PC time.. lol Catrin is a full on boobie monster still and loving it.
She hit 7lb today! No more home visits - we see health visitor a week monday for next weigh in. Then it's only 2 weeks till her first injections!! :(

Weight wise I need to do better and get my head in gear.. been busy buying bits for the girls room as we're redecorting it, and have bought a range from Next (curtains, bedding, throws, cushions etc), wallpaper, paint and even 2 new doors! lol one for our room. So lots to do.

Can't believe Catrin is 5 weeks today!! time has gone wayyyy to fast! lol

Wow 5 weeks already :eek:
She sounds like she's coming along great, you're obviously doing something right ;)
It's still only a month since you gave birth, a sensible diet should be more of a priority than weight loss at the minute, you really are too hard on yourself hun! x

5 weeks already :( its sad how quick they grown up. Try not to worry about the weight gain. Rhiannon was the same when i breastfed her. They catch up in the end. I hear they have now got a new set guidelines on weight gain for breastfed babies, so they are not all branded the same as bottlefed babies. When that comes out im sure it will help.

Does she sleep in her car seat during the nite?

Hi girls, Glad to say Catrin is now sleeping in her moses basket! for naps and all last night! am chuffed as it helps me a bit during the day but eases my mind of a night too. :)

Weight wise I'm pretty sure she'll do well now I'm able to express a bit more though couldnt' get on with fenugreek - will try again if need to.
Fingers x'd she keeps gaining well. :) She's happy so I'm sure she will. ;)

How are your girls? Find it hard to keep up as pc time is limited.

hi jane, i was using feng'k leaf to begin with but discontinued...then as babs losing weight and ?whether i was producing enough, i have been on f'gk seed tabletsx6 a day and have been for best part of week. Sweat smelled to begin with and babs breath smelled of it, but it seems to have calmed down now and just left me with increased supply. Some sessions i can express 2-5 oz over a couple of sessions when i was struggling to express 10mls only 2 weeks ago. I am also supplementing feeds with 250ml carton of sma under advisement from hv

have you heard from shel...i was wondering about her and charlie?

Hi Angie, No haven't heard from shel - will have to drop her a PM. Fingers x'd all is ok. I don't get on her much these days unfortunately.

Thanks for the info on the fenu. I seem to be 'coping' better supply wise now, drinking lots of water, letting catrin cluster and stay on one side longer than offering both too soon so she gets hind milk more. Also am expressing to help it increase and for college of course. I got 3 oz over 3 sessions so not too bad. :) Average an oz a time after 2 hour 'rest' on that boob. lol

Can't believe Catrin was 6 weeks yesterday! lol she's cooing away and really active during the day now, definately knows day from night! lol I have to work hard to get her to rest if we're at home during the day, but she goes out like a light when we're out and about. lol

night times have settled too. She goes down around 10pm and sleeps till 2 or 3 waking for a feed, then gets up again between 5 and 7. So not bad at all. The days she wakes at 7 are nice! lol feels like one feed a night then. lol

Have booked my 6 week check - wasn't told I had to book it till last week - it's in another 3 weeks time as they do it under the well woman clinic. Am not sure what to do contraception wise. I know BF can keep periods at bay and I haven't had one yet. But DH and I are undecided on trying for another!!! :eek:;) thing is it took us a loooong time to have Catrin and had a m/c some years ago so not sure on that front. Also if we had a boy it'd leave 3 girls in 1 bedroom.. so not ideal as there is 5 years between each of them. Also there is college to think of..
BUT I have the urge for another! lol and DH obviously isn't dead against it either as he was like 'we'll see'.. which generally means yes with him! lol

So.. we'll see eh! lol

oh fab! I know what you mean...have been talking about when we might try for another.

Katia has finally regained her birth weight and some, has put on 1lb in the last 2 weeks, that means she seems to be following the 50th percentile, she started out in the 90th and went down to the 25th until I started supplementing. My milk does seem to have increased though and I am able to express about 1oz at a time, 2oz+ if babs has been refusing the boob.

was a bit paranoid about not feeding her in the night when she wasn't gaining and had lots of anxiety trying to get her to stay awake long enough to take some milk... now she has so obviously gained weight and is getting bigger I am letting her wake me instead. She seems to wake around 2.30 then again at about 5.30, but that is not set in stone. She does seem to crash at about 7.30pm and gets really crabby if she doesnt go into a deep sleep then. We are then having to wake her for a last feed somewhere around 11pm, she is going around 2-3 hours around feeds, but sometimes lots of cluster feeds, I am not sure you'd say we are in any kind of routine!

She's certainly going through a weight gain/growth spurt at present, she had regained her chubby cheeks and her head seems to have doubled in size in the last week, her hands are also enormous!

anyway, back to dieting in mind. Hubby took a photo of me today and I have to finally admit that I ate far too much pudding during my pregnancy and am now heavy again. Oh bugger!

Have been thinking about doing slimming world but don't know much about it. Have you done it before? all I know is that you can do it during breast feeding and that you get to eat lots. I am going to look into a local afternoon group. I also went out with the pram today with hubby and doggy to the local woodlands and walked pushing Katia around for about half and hour. So thats the most exercise I have done in 5 weeks as I have been pretty much stuck to the couch trying to breast feed for the last few weeks.

I suppose I need to get into the habit I did before which is to write down my weight weekly and post it here, that and when I write down what I am eating every day. I really regret not watching my weight more closely and I wish I could do cd again. But anyway, I suppose if I realise I have a weight problem again I can do something about it. No more years of denial, I want to get back into my size 14 jeans =)

Hi Ang, I sooooo know what you mean about size 14 jeans! I tried my jodpurs on this morning (my only pair) and I know they should be snug but thats rediculous! lol the belly is the worst part.
There is a post pregnancy weight loss thread on here come along and we'll support each other ((hugs)) Wish we could do CD together.. though money shortage has hit me at the moment. All in good time, we are doing well for our babies and ourselves (working breasts make for healthier breasts in the long term).

WW is ok while BF too from what I've heard. :) I have done SW for about 2 weeks.. was rubbish on it! lol The thing I struggle with on standard diets is that cheese is bad and as a veggie it's a big source of protein for me- and one that I need with low Blood sugar and blood pressure problems.. I'm prone to passing out if don't get protein.

So.. for now I'm eating healthier - cutting down puddings etc. Though I must confess to eating chocolates last night.

Weighed in at 15st 5.5 this morning.. need to do better.

Heres a few pics of Catrin including a daft grin and her kissing me! lol
6 weeks already eh.

Ahhh she's gorgeous! :D xxx

Catrin is gorgeous! 6 weeks already where is the time going? I think its quite sad how they grow so quick. Plus u can be so tired at this stage u dnt enjoy it fully. Shes doing great with her feeding to.

Click to enlarge :)

Here she is this week :) managed to catch a real smile! :D

Feeding has really settled this week - to the point of my feeling paranoid if she's having enough! lol guess you're never happy! lol

Catrin is trying to hold her head up and even tried sitting the other day (on my lap) bless her.. way to early for htat I know but didn't stop her 'crunching' to sit up! lol

And yes Mrs D time does go too fast and flies when we just crave sleep sometimes! lol I'm sure it's the same with your Little one too - hope you're doing well.

Catrin gets up twice a night in general but her first feed is the killer as she doesn't want to go back down! lol The 4/5am one is fine as she keeps her eyes closed and goes straight back to sleep, but at 2am or so she wakes fully and wants to play after a feed! lol takes an hour and a half to get her back down.
Still it'll all come together in no time I'm sure.

Last edited:
she's so beautiful honey :D

sounds like you are all doing fabulously. i'm really looking forward to meeting my little bump. moreso every time i read the diaries of you guys :D

abz xx

Thanks abz :) She's a real cutie in nature as well as being beautiful! lol am I biased.. ABSOLUTELY! lol

Time is ticking by for you for sure - not long and you'll be wondering where the last 40 weeks went! lol Hope you're feeling well and doing well.

Thanks Lisa :) What between Catrin, the girls, DH decorating DD's bedroom, my pony and college - yes full hands I have! lol
We're off to see relatives this weekend too so that'll be nice. :)

She is such a little cutie, bet your heart just explodes every time she does that gorgeous smile!

Thanks girls, FF you are right about heart exploding! lol Sadly she's over tired this evening so no smiles but they do appear more than she cries so thats nice. :)

Back