purple shampoo

stace77

Does anyone use a purple shampoo for blonde hair? Thinking of trying one, but a bit scared......x

i used to use it all the time when i bleached my hair blonde.
dont leave it on too long it will make your hair a grey/silver colour....

its good stuff though, the one i used was touch of silver.

i left mine on too long on purpose (my aim was white hair, not nice blonde tones!)

Ive just put some on, left it for 5 mins and theres no difference, so ive now got the 2nd application on, gonna leave it for 10..... Fingers crossed!

the change wasnt that noticeable straight away, it was with regular use i noticed! definatly a difference when i got my roots done, normally the bleach on my natural colour came out a nice blonde shade, but after i used the shampoo it looked very orangey compared to the rest. my natural colour is black, so very hard to maintain it :( gave up trying to keep my roots as white so went back to red

I use this twice a week as the 2nd wash of my bleached hair. I also use the conditioner although this needs a boost with a creamier brand. Savers have both shampoo and conditioner at £1 each.

Purple shampoo does tend to dry out my hair, so i always use an intense conditioner a few times a week, herbal essence in the small round pot is a good one x

I used to use touch of silver when I had blonde highlights and it was a complete godsend. I could get away with having them redone every 6 months as opposed to every 3 like the salon usually suggests.

I use the L'oreal one for grey hair and found it better than the standard one I used to use for blonde hair (I am blonde not grey btw). The one for grey hair really does take the brassyness out of my hair colour and makes it look a much nicer blonde and I only use it once a week. After I've used it I put just normal conditioner on my hair but leave it in for a few hours and then wash it out and my hair is lovely and soft with a nice colour to it.

you can buy a semi permanent purple hair dye such as one by the brands crazy colour, manic panic or directions. sold online in some alternative shops and possible claires accessories. don't pick a pale lilac pick a strong bold purple and add about a tsp to your conditioner to make a dark lilac colour. make sure it is totally evenly mixed!!! use this as a mask for 10-20 mins.

its trial and error regards quantities added and length of application so start small.
really works wonders though! :)

you can buy a semi permanent purple hair dye such as one by the brands crazy colour, manic panic or directions. sold online in some alternative shops and possible claires accessories. don't pick a pale lilac pick a strong bold purple and add about a tsp to your conditioner to make a dark lilac colour. make sure it is totally evenly mixed!!! use this as a mask for 10-20 mins.

its trial and error regards quantities added and length of application so start small.
really works wonders though! :)

i do this too, saves so much money and if you have a particular conditioner that works well with your hair you can just add the colour rather than using a lesser conditioner just because its purple!

Bumping an older thread!

I've used purple shampoo for about a year when I got my hair highlighted (I'm very light anyway) it really tones out my hair very shiny and lovely colours running through. Getting it done again end of the month and won't need to do it again until winter!

I remember being young and using the shades and toner packs for 99p in super drug lol! It's the same thing!

Tigi used to do a toning purple one in the big bottles and it was a Catwalk one, but now it's not so easy to find. If you do find some, hold on to it and never let go, it kept my blonde hair looking really fresh and my bottles lasted me 6-8 months.

Will have a look at the others mentioned though as I am using another Tigi one at the most!ent but it's just not the same!

I use purple shampoos from time to time - but just wanted to mention, I had lilac highlights put in my t-zone (I have platinum hair) and when they faded out the hair was the most beautiful white colour for a long time. Might be worth rinsing hair with lilac - although it could be tricky if it grabs too much!

I use Touch of silver shampoo and conditioner. Love it! It's a lifesaver IMO to get rid of brassiness.

Back