Purplebint's Diary

Breakfast - Porridge, cherries with 1/4 hexa of milk (hexb)

Lunch - 3 x scan bran (3 syns) with fresh tomato and celery, 2 x LCL 1/2 hexa - picnic lunch whilst out and about in Bradgate Park

Dinner - Honey and hickory chicken kebabs, garlic pepper turnip chips, salad and garlic dip 1.5syns for the honey

wpid-IMAG2011-1.jpg

Snack - Chocolate green monster smoothie, with 2 syns of cocoa, spinach, banana, agave (1/2 syn) and ginger, will splash in 1/4 hexa of milk.

Snack 2 - 35g bag of revels (8.5syns)

Drinks so far

1 mug black tea
1 mug coffee with hazelnut syrup
1 pint kefir lemonade
1 pint NAS

Syns so far 16.5

Exercise - walk round Bradgate Park, approx 4km.

Last edited:
hello, just subscribing as your food always looks so gorgeous and I'm always looking for ideas :)
your weight loss so far is amazing by the way, well done :) x

Hi,

I've just found your diary, thanks to a recommendation from Bunnylush :)

I'm glad I did as your food looks amazing :)

Sent by magic from my HTC Desire

Purplebint said:
Beef and mushroom pie, sumac turnip chips, roast carrots and curly kale

I used 2 sheets of 6syn filo to make the topping for a whole pie, and this is a quarter portion. Yay for 3 syn pie :)

3 syn pie! Please, do tell! :)

Sent by magic from my HTC Desire

Bunnylush is awesome, she's a proper inspiration :)

For my pie I dry fry some extra lean beef, add chopped onion, carrot, celery, swede and cook whilst stirring for about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 pint of beef stock, a pinch of mustard powder and a tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Cook on medium for half an hour or so. Put the mixture in a roasting/pie dish and cover with 2 sheets of filo pastry and a quick spray of frylie, bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or so till the pastry is golden on top. Serve with whatever you like. :)

Planned food today

Breakfast -Green monster smoothie with 1/2 hexa of skimmed kefir milk

Lunch - Roast chicken, lemony potatoes (1/2 hexb oil) roast veggies and broccoli.

Snack - Chocolate green monster (3 syns of cocoa) with 1/2 hexa kefir milk.

Dinner - Notdogs, poached eggs. Followed by an apple and a 2 finger KitKat (5,5 syns)

Drinks so far

3 mug black tea
2 pint kefir lemonade

Syns used 10

Exercise - Nothing, sitting on my bum watching telly!

Last edited:
It sounds weird but tastes awesome. It's a bit naughty as it has a banana in it which I refuse to syn though ;)

Basic recipe is from here - http://greenmonstermovement.com/

My recipe is 4 blocks of frozen spinach/a third of a pack of fresh, 1 banana, some milk and a chunk of chopped ginger. Blitz till smooth, add some ice and blitz again. Drink.

The chocolate version is the same, but add 2 or 3 tbsps of cocoa :D

It's been really good for my energy levels, and frees up a B choice from my breakfast ;) I like chocolatey ones for snacks as they fill my chocolate craving, give me an energy boost and it's only a couple of syns for the cocoa.

Purplebint said:
It sounds weird but tastes awesome. It's a bit naughty as it has a banana in it which I refuse to syn though ;)

Basic recipe is from here - http://greenmonstermovement.com/

My recipe is 4 blocks of frozen spinach/a third of a pack of fresh, 1 banana, some milk and a chunk of chopped ginger. Blitz till smooth, add some ice and blitz again. Drink.

The chocolate version is the same, but add 2 or 3 tbsps of cocoa :D

It's been really good for my energy levels, and frees up a B choice from my breakfast ;) I like chocolatey ones for snacks as they fill my chocolate craving, give me an energy boost and it's only a couple of syns for the cocoa.

Ooohhhh what a fantastic idea! I'm so stuck at breakfast! I'll give this a go tomorrow :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - Green monster smoothie with lots of ginger

Lunch - 2 x sausages (1.5syns), bacon, poached eggs, mushrooms, beans and tomato

Snack - 1 x apple

Dinner - Something quick before weigh-in, maybe the last of my notdogs.

Drinks so far

2 mugs green tea
1 mug black tea

Syns used 1.5

Brilliant :) you used the spinach frozen right? I have dusted off my smoothly machine but it's mustn't be up to par because it's wont go through the frozen spinach lol... Looks like I'll be trying mine for a afternoon snack!

Mine does it from frozen, you could always nuke it for a minute in the microwave before chucking it in to make it a little softer.

I've just bought a new blender because I was tempted by a friend who had got one. - Breville VBL058 Damson Blender - Cooking - Easter dining - Easter - Home & garden - Sainsbury’s I cashed in my nectar points to get another tenner off so only cost me a fiver. I can't resist purple things. My old blender is an attachment to my vintage Kenwood Chef but that did the job as well.

Purplebint said:
Mine does it from frozen, you could always nuke it for a minute in the microwave before chucking it in to make it a little softer.

I've just bought a new blender because I was tempted by a friend who had got one. - Breville VBL058 Damson Blender - Cooking - Easter dining - Easter - Home & garden - Sainsbury's I cashed in my nectar points to get another tenner off so only cost me a fiver. I can't resist purple things. My old blender is an attachment to my vintage Kenwood Chef but that did the job as well.

I'll take a look I have had mine ages, although it is a ken wood and should go through ice!

Thank you :)

Loved the green monster :) it made two glasses so one for tomorrow :) I just noticed looking through your earlier enteries you had a river ford box ...I actually ordered from them yesterday ...do you still have them and are they good? :))

I do still get Riverford boxes and I love them. I've always got great fruit and veg, good quality and often still muddy and fab customer service from them. They're not the cheapest of the cheap but you get what you pay for :)

I get a seasonal box and a fruit box most weeks :)

Back