Purplebint's Diary

Popping by to subscribe x

Hello Icklerockchick :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - sausage (1syn), beans, egg and tinned toms.

Lunch - Spicy roast tuna - 3 tomatoes (long past their best) chopped into 8ths, 1/2 an onion chopped, 1 green chilli chopped, 2 cans of tuna drained, 50ml balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tin of toms, 2 tsp agave (1 syn) a chopped scotch bonnet chilli (blow your head off hotness) all mixed up in a roasting tray and cooked at 200 for 35 mins till the sauce has reduced and caramelised and everythings tasty. Enough for 3 servings with a bit of couscous.

Dinner - Chilli cheese notdogs with salad (1/2 hexa of cheese) + 2yns of olive oil to fry the notdogs.

Snack - 2 x homemade chocolate orange oaty bars (hexb + 1.5syn)

Supper - Kale chips.

Drinks so far

3 mug black tea
1 glass lime kefir
1 pint NAS
1 mug green cherry tea
1 glass kefir milk with hazelnut syrup (1/2 hexa)

Syns used 5

Exercise

School run 1 - 2km of puddle jumping.
School run 1 - 2.6km of puddle jumping.

Last edited:
Had heard about your magical bean and rice sausages so had to pop by and see what other delights you have to offer ;-) though this week I've went to the dark side and am trying ww! X

There isn't a huge amount of difference between the new WW plan and SW extra easy I think, just the additional weighing of carby food. I didn't get on well with old-style WW but what I hear of the new plan sounds pretty good. I miss earning extra points by exercising, hehe.

It's notdogs for dinner tonight, I'm looking forward to them :)

me too :) I made the mixture last night and added paprika so we will see how they turn out. Do you fry them like the original recipe?

Purplebint said:
There isn't a huge amount of difference between the new WW plan and SW extra easy I think, just the additional weighing of carby food. I didn't get on well with old-style WW but what I hear of the new plan sounds pretty good. I miss earning extra points by exercising, hehe.

It's notdogs for dinner tonight, I'm looking forward to them :)

Yeh so far I'm just doing simply filling which I'm loving as list of free food includes wraps, bagels, crumpets and porridge! :-D will try the Notdogs at the weekend I think as missing syn free veggie sausages! X

me too :) I made the mixture last night and added paprika so we will see how they turn out. Do you fry them like the original recipe?

I mostly use frylight, sometimes a tsp of olive oil for 2 syns. You get better coverage from the frylight, but I prefer the taste of the oil. I have a fat tooth though, instead of a sweet tooth, and do like olive oil on lots of things hehe

Chilli cheese notdogs with salad

wpid-IMAG2084-1.jpg

Planned food today

Breakfast - Ginger green monster smoothie with 1/2 hexa of kefir milk.

Snack - 1 x oaty bar (1/2 hexb + 0.75 syn)

Lunch - Chilli notdogs (2 syns on olive oil)

Snack - Basic crisps (5 syns)

Dinner- Chilli and coriander fish cakes (made with coley and swede so superfree and speedy), SW chips and salad (or maybe mushy peas)

Snack - 1 x oaty bar (1/2 hexb + 0.75 syn)

Post swim snack of a banana

Drinks so far

2 mug green tea
3 mug black tea
1 glass lemon kefir
1 glass NAS

Syns used 8.5

Exercise

School run 1 and sprog drop off 2.7km
School run 2 2km
Bike ride to swimming pool 2km
36 length swim
Bike ride home 2km

Contemplating a bike ride to the swimming pool for the womens only swim this evening. It's 8-9pm though so might have ran out of energy and inclination by then.

Last edited:
I like the fishcakes, quick meal and the sprogs love them as they seem like treat food :)

I am proud of myself. I managed to bike all the way to the swimming pool, braved the changing rooms (last time I went I was too fat to use one of the cubicles, and had to use the open bit *shame*) and managed 36 lengths before biking home. I feel awesome for it too!

I love gold stars! One of the (main) reasons I love SW is the stickers and certificates, hehe

Planned food today

Breakfast - Ginger green monster smoothie with 1/2 hexa kefir milk

Snack - Apple

Lunch - Notdogs, poached eggs and mushrooms. (2 syns for 1tsp of olive oil)

Snack - 2 x Chocolate Banana Oaty Bars (hexb + 3 syns)

Dinner - Chilli chicken, roast peppers, herby twice baked wedges and salad.

Drinks so far

1 mug green tea
2 pint lemon kefir
1 mug black tea

Syns used - 5 Need to save the rest of my syns for a pub lunch tomorrow.

Exercise

School run 1 and trip to shops. 4.5km

Last edited:
I've just spoken to the swimming pool reception trying to figure out how I can go swimming 2-3 times a week without breaking the bank. £3.90 a swim is crazy money.

So my options are pay in advance for 4 swims and get a 5th swim free. £14 for 5 swims.

Or I can join the attached gym for £18 a month, this includes unlimited swimming. Definitely seems the best option for me, so I've booked in for a gym induction next Thursday morning.

I am now being vaguely intrigued by the idea of using the gym too. I have bits that need toning up and could do with my fitness level improving, but I have a fear of being The Fat Person in the gym. I have no idea what to wear, how to use most of the machines, general gym etiquette. Anyone have any experience/advice?

Purplebint said:
I've just spoken to the swimming pool reception trying to figure out how I can go swimming 2-3 times a week without breaking the bank. £3.90 a swim is crazy money.

So my options are pay in advance for 4 swims and get a 5th swim free. £14 for 5 swims.

Or I can join the attached gym for £18 a month, this includes unlimited swimming. Definitely seems the best option for me, so I've booked in for a gym induction next Thursday morning.

I am now being vaguely intrigued by the idea of using the gym too. I have bits that need toning up and could do with my fitness level improving, but I have a fear of being The Fat Person in the gym. I have no idea what to wear, how to use most of the machines, general gym etiquette. Anyone have any experience/advice?

Hi the modern mus conception is its full of fit people ... It's not lol, ppl like you going for the same reason , of course fit ppl not but nobody is interested in anybody else. The induction will take you through all the machines you will be fine and when you do go on your own if you ask ppl are generally happy to help :) wear anything comfy if u don't want to go out and spend- pair of jogging bottoms, leggings, any t shirt and def a pair of trainers of course! Make sure you have suitable stuff on for your induction :)

Good luck, sounds a new exciting chapter :)

So turn up in gym gear for the induction? That makes sense I suppose, I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks Keldelacoe.

I can't afford to spend out on clothes right now, but I have some decent trainers from when I did c25k and plenty of baggy T-shirts. Just need to make sure I have some jogging bottoms that aren't so big they keep falling down, hehe.

I'm looking forward to getting started now. I'm going to try and go for an early swim on Sunday morning, then I can have a swim on Tuesday when my littlest is at toddler group and then in again for the gym induction on Thursday. Fun :)

For induction they will pretty much just take you round the equipment and show you how it all works and answer any Qs you have. Doesn't take too long and after it you are free to have a gym session if you want. At least that's how mine have always been x

Back