Purplebint's Diary

Planned food today

Breakfast - scrambled egg, followed by some melon.

Snack - Ryvita thins (hexb) + LCL (hexa) with some chopped onion and tomato

Lunch - Roast asparagus, peppers and couscous

Dinner - Lemon chicken with garlicky wok fried rice vermicelli and peppers.

Drinks so far

2 pint NAS
1 mug tea

Syns used 0

Exercise

School run 1 - 2.25 km

Last edited:
Stir fried chilli lime chicken with rice vermicelli

wpid-IMAG2210-1.jpg

2lbs on for me last week and I'm grumpy about it as I've been on plan other than the strepsils. Booo.

Planned food today

Breakfast, blueberries and fat free yoghurt with 1 syn of maple agave

Post swim snack - apple

Lunch - leftover chilli chicken vermicelli

Snack - carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumber sticks, spring onion and 2 syns of salad cream.

Dinner - Garlicky pepper steak, asparagus, crinkle cut chips and lots of salad. (2 syns of ketchup)

Snack - 2 x scan bran (hexb), chocolate spread (3syns) + 2tsp peanut butter (4syns)

Drinks so far

4 pints NAS
1 can coke
2 mugs tea (hexa)

Syns used 12

Exercise

School run and sprog drop off 2.6km

Walk to swimming pool and back 4.km

Swim - 20 lengths/0.5km (fire alarm went off halfway through)

School pick up - 2.3km

Last edited:
Sorry about the gain, but you'll kill it next week :)

Food looks amazing as always! And I really fancy Nandos now! Xx

I put on 2lbs last wk too without good reason makes me mad, esp when some ppl can get away with not being 100% :(

I think it has something to do with this month. Everyone i seem to talk to has either STS or gained. I lost last week after 2 weeks of gaining before.

I'm hoping it's just a reaction to me upping the exercise and adding in the swimming and stuff, I've lost a dress size so I know it's coming off. It's just infuriating to keep blipping about the same couple of pounds. I miss getting shiny stickers :(

Yeah i've lost inches...but the weight just fluctuates, it is annoying.

I might write that on my SW book :)

Garlic pepper steak, balsamic roast asparagus, crinkle cut chips and salad

wpid-IMAG2212-1-1.jpg

Delicious! I'm really going to try and make SW chips this weekend.

Do you freeze yours too? X

Delicious! I'm really going to try and make SW chips this weekend.

Do you freeze yours too? X

I love SW chips, I don't really like fried chips any more tbh.

I don't freeze them but only because I'm normally in to cook dinner from scratch so it's not an issue, I've heard that works fine though and I'll probably have to do it at some point as life gets busier :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - fat free yoghurt, blueberries and maple agave (1syn)

Snack - Quavers (5.5 syns), apple and tangerine

Lunch - Turkey and ham salad from Subway (2syns worth so sauce)

Snack - 3 x scan bran (hexb) + 1 tsp clover + 1tbsp jam (3.5)

Dinner -Moroccan chicken, roast veggies with couscous and salad. 1 syns worth of olives.

Drinks so far

3 bottles water
1 bottle diet coke
2 pints NAS
1 mug tea - part hexa
1 can diet coke

Syns used 12

Exercise

School run 1 - 2.2km

Walk around Leicester city centre with a stroppy toddler who had 4 lovely meltdown tantrums = A million calories burnt off.

School run 2 -2.2km

Last edited:
That looks wonderful - Ive been taking a sneeky peeks at your diary to try and get inspired for my own meal planner. But can i ask you a question please, what size of plate do you use??? Im asking because Im using the square IKEA plates and filling them, but yours looks smaller.....is this anohter tip I should be using?

as you can see Im pretty new to forums so apoligies in advance if this appears somewhere it shouldnt

I vary my plate size depending on the meal really, If it's a heavy carby meal then I use a smaller one, one with lots of salad like today I would use a bigger one as I like a lot of salad. I took a pic once when someone asked me the same question, will see if I can find it.

I don't mind you asking :) I do normally use a pretty small plate. I'm a plate filler and emptier regardless of the size of it, I fill up all the spare space with food then have to finish all of it. *food issues* So if I start with a small plate, then if I choose to have seconds it's a conscious choice rather than unconscious face stuffing.

Large dinner plate on the left, the plates I normally use on the right.

IMAG1742-1.jpg

An egg for size comparison

IMAG1740-1.jpg

I do have larger plates sometimes, if I'm allowing myself a binge type meal or if I fancy a huge salady thing.

There you go. The white plate I used today is medium sized compared to the purple two. The pasta plate I sometimes use is the same size as the smaller plate but with raised sides.

Back