Purplebint's Diary

You are so active. I do a little exercise as it is not in my nature to be physical.

I never used to be active. I had a spinal injury 3 years ago, then the weight that I gained just made things worse. 18 months ago I couldn't walk 5 minutes to the post box without being out of breath and needing more pain relief. As the weight has come down and my back is improving I've found that the more low impact exercise I do the better I feel. I love Zumba, but if I do that too much it hurts my back. Cycling, walking and swimming are all fab pain relief for me and now I'm finally off the cocodamol (I had to take a high dose for nearly 3 years, nearly 7 weeks off it now) then the more natural pain relief I can find the better :)

Plus, it's the only time I get child-free! Haha

Good luck with it all Ruthyni :)

Tonight's dinner -

Chicken, chickpea and spinach curry with brown basmati rice

wpid-IMAG2197-1-1.jpg

I never used to be active. I had a spinal injury 3 years ago, then the weight that I gained just made things worse. 18 months ago I couldn't walk 5 minutes to the post box without being out of breath and needing more pain relief. As the weight has come down and my back is improving I've found that the more low impact exercise I do the better I feel. I love Zumba, but if I do that too much it hurts my back. Cycling, walking and swimming are all fab pain relief for me and now I'm finally off the cocodamol (I had to take a high dose for nearly 3 years, nearly 7 weeks off it now) then the more natural pain relief I can find the better :)

Plus, it's the only time I get child-free! Haha

Just wanted to say that I never used to be active at ALL! But I found doing SW's Body magic really helped because you build up your activity level quite quickly. You never know, you might find a form of exercise you really like. I never, ever, in a million years thought I would enjoy running and avoided it like the plague. But now I run fairly frequently with one of my dogs and can be out anywhere from 30mins-2hrs depending on how I feel and what route we take :D

Oh Purpley one is like a fitness Queen and is super amazing :D

I am not active at all at the moment but I really need to get my butt in gear. I am losing a 1lb a week which I am happy with but a little more would be great plus I would like to tone up. I think I may have to start the 30DS again and hope the knee holds out to actually complete it!!!

I loved the 30DS, but it's too high impact for me. I was having to take painkillers afterwards and that's not really fair on my old body, hehe! I might try more high impact stuff when I'm a little lighter and there's less of me to throw about :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - Porridge, cherries (hexb + 1/2 hexa)

Snack - Chunky Peanut Butter KitKat - 13 syns (worth every single one of them too)

Lunch - Notdogs, poached eggs and roast veggies.

Dinner - Leftover chicken, chickpea and spinach curry, with chilli veg noodles.

Drinks so far

1 mug black tea
2 pint NAS

Syns used 13

Exercise

School drop off and trip to shops - 4.4km
School pick up - approx 2.5km

Last edited:
gizmogirl said:
Your very good purplebint...i join slimming world today sooo here goes :)

Good luck I'm sure you will love it :)

It disappeared within milliseconds of me opening up the jiffy bag it came in (I got it as a facebook freebie from the KitKat page). Not even enough time to boil the kettle ;)

Planned food today

Snack - Chunky Peanut Butter KitKat - 13 syns (worth every single one of them too)

I am so wanting to try one of these but I am too scared to in case I like them too much!!!!

It was really very nice, and that's why I won't be buying them very often because of that hehe. Chocolate and peanut butter is a weakness of mine though, I can demolish whole bags of Reese's Pieces within minutes.

Mmmm Peanut Butter Kitkat...not tried them, but I'm like you, Reeses Pieces or Peanut Butter cups don't stand a chance when I'm around.

The month before I started SW my husband had been working away in Canada, he brought back lots and lots (and lots) of treats for me. Maple syrup, condiments, seasonings and bags and bags of Hersheys and Reese's products. I just stuffed my face, couldn't stop and ending up buying replacement packets in secret from an American Candy company to replace them as I was so ashamed. Then I ate the replacements.

I have no willpower when it comes to Reese's

I adore reeses, used to eat them all the time cos the sweet shop that used to be here did a lot of the american stuff, it was the only place I could get reeses pieces from (its shut down now), but I used to eat about 3 bags in a day and peanut butter cups :drool: Apart from a pack of peanut butter cups i had 2 weeks ago, I haven't had any since starting SW.

Back