Purplebint's Diary

Lime chilli chicken noodles, with a whole scotch bonnet chilli in to make things interesting

wpid-IMAG2244-1.jpg

Hmm, mine seem to just work out ok. You could try leaving out the water completely? Just mix the oats + eggs and flavourings and see if they hold better for you? My rosti rings are metal rather than silicone but they should work the same.

Thanks, I will try that at the weekend - well the following week as I am away home for the weekend and it will be an early start on both days no time for pfaffing about & getting annoyed!!!!!

Is your lime chicken chilli on your page or is the recipe from elsewhere? Point in the right direction please :)

PS it looks lovely and tasty - not sure I can take the scotch bonnet as yet - birdseye will do for now!!!!

I haven't blogged it yet as I normally cook it when the kitchen's a tip and I need a quick meal ;) I did put it on the what's for tea thread the other day though so I'll copy paste that because I'm lazy ;)

I just sprayed some frylite over the wok, added some chopped garlic and cooked that for a min, added diced chicken breast and cooked till sealed, added 2 sliced peppers, 2 red chillies (I like my stuff hot and keep the seeds in, if you're chilli sensitive I would deseed them and maybe just use one and some red onion. Cook that whilst stirring round. Add 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar a big pinch of kaffir lime leaves and stir well to cover.

Meanwhile, cook noodles or vermicelli as per packet instructions. Drain and add to the wok and give it another stir to cover with sauce. Serve.

Planned food today

Breakfast - Melon and cherries

Snack - I took Toby market shopping, so have snacked on apple, cherries, grapes and strawberries.

Lunch - Leftover lime chicken noodles, with some roast asparagus (addicted!)

Snack - 2 x scan bran (hexb), 1/2 tbsp peanut butter (2) 1/2 tbsp choc spread (2)

Dinner - Sausages (3), egg and chips.Will do some shrooms and beans too. Fruit salad for pud to cover the superfree ;)

Drinks so far

4 pints NAS
1 small bottle diet coke.
1 mug coffee

Syns used -7

Exercise.

School run 1 - 2.3km

Walk around the city centre and market - no idea, but we were walking for about an hour. Next time I'll stick the runkeeper app on and track it.

School run 2 - 2.5km

Last edited:
Sorry i'm being a pain!!! What are kaffir lime leafs & do they make a big difference to the dish if missed off? :)

Planned food today

Snack - grapes

Lunch - Roast veg and chickpeas with spicy couscous

Snacl - 4 x dark rye ryvita (hexb), 1 tbsp lf peanut butter (4) 1 tbsp choc spread (4), followed by a pack of ready salted crisps (7) (why yes, I am feeling hormonal, why do you ask...)

Dinner - Garlic and lemon chicken, roast asparagus and salad

Drinks so far

2 pint NAS
3 mug tea - hexa

Syns used 15

Exercise.

Sprog drop off - 2.8km
Sprog pick up - 2.3km
Bike ride to pool and back -4km
Swim - 22 lengths/0.55km

Last edited:
Pan fried chicken breast topped with chillies, garlic and lemon. With balsamic roast asparagus.

wpid-IMAG2261-1-1.jpg

Planned food today

Lunch - Subway turkey salad, (2 syns for sauce, 0.5 syns for olives) followed by a plate of balsamic roast asparagus. (I love asparagus season)

Snack - apple, big bowl of grapes.

Dinner - Chicken, spinach and sweet pepper cauli curry, sweet potato and red onion bhajis, brown basmati rice cooked pilau style with cardamom pods.

Pud - Solero berry explosion - 4.5 syns

Drinks so far

2 pint NAS
1 bottle diet coke
1 mug coffee

Syns used - 7
Exercise -

Sprog drop off - 1km
Walk round city centre and market with daughter

Last edited:
Chicken, spinach and pepper curry, sweet potato and red onion bhajis, brown basmati rice, coriander and lime pickle

wpid-IMAG2262-1.jpg

Planned food today

Snack - Giant bowl of grapes

Lunch - Leftover curry, rice and bhaji

Snack - 4 x dark rye ryvita (hexb) 1 tbsp choc spread (4) 1 tbsp peanut butter (4)

Dinner - Sausage, bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms and tomato.. Might do some homemade hash browns.

Snack - Solero berry explosion (4.5)

Drinks so far - hexa milk inc

1 giant mug of tea
1 pint NAS
3 mugs coffee
1 can coke
1 pint water

Syns used 12.5

Exercise - nothing, nowt and nada

Last edited:
Cheap to make and you get loads too! :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - Cherries and melon

Post swim snack - apple, ryvita sweet chilli thins (hexb)

Lunch - Subway turkey breast salad (2), followed by more salad at home with salad cream (2)

Snack - apple, ryvita thins (4.5)

Dinner- Roast chicken, carrots, asparagus, sweet potato, hasselback potato and whatever else veg I can find lurking.

Pud - Chopped strawberries and ff yoghurt.

Drinks so far

2 mug tea
1 glass water
1 pint NAS
1/2 bottle diet coke
2 mugs coffee

Syns used 8.5

Exercise

Swim - 20 lengths/0.5km

Last edited:
Back