Purplebint's Diary

I really wish we had a decent market. The one's in town now are even expensive! :( I'm just having a poor week after having to spend over £70 on necessary pet supplies. Badly timed needing everything in the same month. Need to sort that out!!

God I miss chicken!!!!! :p

I've got a veggie moussaka recipe on the blog here - Syn Free Veggie Moussaka » Om Nom 365 but it needs updating a bit. I've gone off the quarky cheese toppings.

Now days I just cheat a bit. I batch cook bolognaise in the slow cooker and use that for my sauce, then layer it with slices of aubergine that I've griddled. Grate cheese on top and bake till it's bubbling and browned.

Thank you. I've been loading recipes into pepperplate! Which I'm finding excellent. A number of yours have already found their way in ;)

I love moussaka, so this has to be made and eaten (most importantly). Now, you don't have a recipe for pasticcio do you? :p

I used to live on pasticcio when i was a student, it's essentially posh pasta bake ;) Off the top of my head I would do a SW version as follows.

Dry fry lamb mince (will have to syn that as no extra lean available in shops), drain off fat and add chopped onion, garlic, oregano, big squeeze of tomato puree, tin of chopped toms and 200ml veg stock. Add a pinch of cinnamon to the sauce and simmer for 20 mins.

Cook your pasta till it's firm, I used to use the cheapest penne pasta I could find as it worked well soaking up the flavours. For SW purposes then some good wholemeal pasta would probably be a lot more filling.

Whilst this is boiling mix up 1 pot of fat free yoghurt, 1 egg and 1 hexa of cheese. A pinch of mustard powder makes this sauce taste a bit more cheesy I think.

Chuck pasta into a casserole dish, cover with your lamb mixture and then top with your cheesy mix. Sprinkle on another hex of cheese and bake until golden brown and bubbling.

You could layer pasta, lamb, pasta, lamb and then topping if you wanted it to look a bit nicer when serving too :) Serve with a greeky salad with lots of olives (8 for 1 syn)

I bought 3 galia melons from the market yesterday for a quid. :eek: This is why I'm eating so much melon ;)

I'm sat now munching a bag of fresh cherries too, hehe

WOW that's cheap, are they alright quality wise? I know with melon you can't always tell until you cut into it. Enjoy! :D

They were just on the wrong side of ripe. I chopped them up as soon as I got home and put them in a sealed tub in the fridge, they'll last a few days worth of breakfasts that way :)

I'm off into town again tomorrow, so will pick up some more strawberries, grapes and cherries as the ones purchased yesterday seem to have met an unfortunate accident *burp*

Pepperplate looks really good too, I might give that a go :)

Wow thank you, thank you for the pasticcio recipe, you are de best :worthy:

I am definitely impressed with pepperplate, it's a little flaky sometimes when loading recipes into it, but overall it seems to be a great resource & very simple to organise & use. I keep recommending it to people - I
love anything which enables organisation - I'm quite sad that way!

Oh I'm the same, I have apps for food shopping, shared google calendars and task reminders, an app to track all my exercise...if I can see an app that I think might help organise me then I can't resist :)

Breakfast - melon and cherries

Snack - grapes

Lunch - notdogs, poached eggs and asparagus - 2 syns of olive oil

Snack - 2 x scan bran (hexb), chocolate spread (4)

Dinner - Chilli lime chicken noodles - 1 syn worth of agave

Drinks so far

3 mug tea - hexa
2 can coke

Syns used - 6

Exercise -

Sprog drop off and then wander round the market.

Last edited:
Wow thank you, thank you for the pasticcio recipe, you are de best :worthy:

I am definitely impressed with pepperplate, it's a little flaky sometimes when loading recipes into it, but overall it seems to be a great resource & very simple to organise & use. I keep recommending it to people - I
love anything which enables organisation - I'm quite sad that way!

I been using Pepperplate these last few days and think its brill, its so clever how the iphone syns all the added recipes. (i add from laptop cause can't bear the cutting and pasting etc on the phone!) Makes following recipes so much easier to just have app open on phone rather than running back and forth from laptop. heehee

Purplebint... first recipe added was your notdogs...I will get round to making them one of these days haha :)
x

Hi Wendy, welcome to minimins :)

Kitty, you've just reminded me I have some notdogs to use up for my lunch today. I was going to have noodle leftovers but will have the notdogs instead :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - Melon and cherries

Lunch - Notdogs, asparagus and poached egg

Snack - Cherries, grapes and pomegranate

Dinner - Slow roasted topside of beef, spring greens, roast potatoes, green beans, carrots, gravy and lots of horseradish (2 syns)

Pud - Bowl of strawbs, ff yoghurt and 1 syn of maple syrup.

Snack - Penguin (5.5 syns)

Drinks so far
1 mug tea
3 cans diet coke
2 mugs coffee

Syns used - 8.5

Exercise - Nothing. Sprog free day as my sister and her hubby are taking them to soft play, going to do a butcher's run and then crack on upgrading my computer.

Last edited:
Slow roasted topside of beef, spring greens, roast potatoes, green beans, carrots, gravy and lots of horseradish

wpid-IMAG2285-1-1.jpg

Planned food today

Breakfast - Porridge with cherries (hexb, 1/2 hexa + 1 syn of maple agave)

Post swim snack - apple

Lunch - Asparagus and poached egg, followed by pomegranate and strawbs

Dinner - Ploughmansy type picky plate with lots of salad, cheese, cold beef and pickles. Have whipped up a batch of hummous with beetroot, chickpeas, lime juice, coriander and a scotch bonnet chilli. Tasty but dangerous. 4 syns of cheese.

Pud - Strawberries and maple agave (1 syn) with 2 syns of chocolate spread.

Drinks so far

2 pint NAS
2 mug tea

Syns used - 8

Exercise

Bike ride to pool and back - 4km
Swim - 30 length/0.75km

Last edited:
Picky plate – Beef, cheese, beetroot hummous, carrots, celery, spring onion, cucumber and radish

wpid-IMAG2286-1-1.jpg

Picky plate – Beef, cheese, beetroot hummous, carrots, celery, spring onion, cucumber and radish

wpid-IMAG2286-1-1.jpg

That Houmous looks lovely. I have been having beetroot bought from Tesco which has been marinaded with Sweetfire Chilli - gives of just a touch of spice. Is the recipe for this on your webpage?

Thanks x

I haven't blogged it but it's really simple :)

Just drain a can of chickpeas and chuck that in a blender, add 1 or 2 cooked beetroot, 2 cloves of garlic, a handful of fresh coriander, a tbsp of lime juice and as much chilli as you like. Blend till smooth. If you make the hummous without the beetroot you might need a couple of tbsp of ff yoghurt or quark to get the right texture. It's fab on top of crispbreads and things too.

Back