Purplebint's Diary

There are two more bags labelled soup that both look different to each other, so there are more surprises coming this week ;) hehe!

Thanks both :)

Chilli, cheese and potato pie with salad

wpid-IMAG2364-11.jpg

Chilli, cheese and potato pie with salad

wpid-IMAG2364-11.jpg

Yummy - is there a recipe available? Always looking for new ideas and you have plenty!!!!! x

I was just using up freezer food so it was a bag of many bean chilli from the freezer, covered with a layer of thinly sliced potatoes. Brushed with olive oil (1 tbsp used, so 6 syns for the whole dish so max 3 per portion) Baked for 45 mins at 180 then grate on 2 x hexa worth of cheese and give it another 20 mins or till the cheese was bubbling and browned.

Breakfast - Sausages (2) + tinned tomatoes

Lunch - Veg curry and brown rice, followed by chopped up banana and strawbs, fat free yoghurt and 1 syn of choc sprinkles.

Dinner - Stuffed peppers, roast veggies and couscous - hexb olive oil.

Pudding - more chopped up banana and strawbs, fat free yoghurt, agave (1) and choc sprinkles (1)

Drinks so far

1 pint NAS
1 mug tea - hexa used for milk.
2 mugs coffee

Syns used 5

Exercise

Sprog drop off
Sprog pick up

Last edited:
Breakfast - Sausage (1) and tinned toms

Snack - Chopped banana, strawbs, fat free yoghurt and chocolate sprinkles (1)

Lunch - Pan fried coley steaks (2 syns of olive oil) with lemon and coriander couscous

Snack - 3 x scan bran (hexb) + 1tbsp of strawberry jam (2 syns)

Dinner - Chicken and sweet pepper curry with brown basmati rice.

Drinks

2 mugs tea
2 pints NAS

Syns used - 6

Exercise

Sprog drop off - 3km
Sprog pick up - 3km
Bike ride to pool and back - 4km
Swim - 42 lengths.

Last edited:
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs and 1 syn of HP sauce

Snack - Scan bran cake (2)

Lunch - leftover curry and saag aloo, followed by a muller greek corner (4)

Dinner - Bacon cheeseburgers, chips, barbecue beans and salad.

Drinks

2 mugs tea
1 pint NAS

Syns used - 7

Exercise

Sprog drop off - 3km
Sprog pick up -

Last edited:
Made a scan bran cake to use up some bits and bobs

4 x chopped bananas - I'm not going to syn these, but they would be 5 syns each if counted as mashed so 20.
8 x scan bran - 8
4 x eggs
25g raisins - 3.5
2 x tbsp golden syrup - 4
4 tbsp coffee
1 tbsp sugarfree hazelnut syrup
150ml fat free yoghurt

I syn that as 15.5 for the whole cake, and about 2 syns per thick slice.

Scan bran was soaked in hot water till soft, drained and then mashed. Added the rest of the ingredients, mixed well and poured into a silicon loaf tin. Microwave for 8 minutes till cooked through completely. Leave to cool a little and then slice. Can be stored in an airtight container for a couple of days.

Purplebint said:
Page 3, fame at last! ;)

Hey well done that's fantastic :) x

Thanks everyone :)

I've just fitted my new child bike seat to the back of the bike this morning, so I can manage the school + playgroup run (opposite ends of the village and both need dropping off before 9am) in September. I've got a buggy trailer, but it's the width of a double buggy and the way that people drive/park around the schools mean it's not safe on the road and I can't fit it on the path. So I need to practise with the bike seat, 3yr old in that and 5yr old can walk/sit on my seat. Will push that to school, drop her off and then ride to the playgroup.

Off for a practise ride round the block as soon as hubby gets up from his lie-in :)

Breakfast - Muller greek corner (4) + scan bran cake (2)

Lunch - Butterfly chicken breast, chips and salad. Will call it 10 syns for the chunky chips.

Dinner - Had leftover curry and saag aloo. :)

Drinks

2 mug tea
1 pint NAS
1 glass diet coke

Syns used - 16

Exercise

Practising with the bike - 4km
Walking round the markets. - 2km

Last edited:
Back