Purplebint's Diary

Breakfast - Apple (got up late)

Post swim snack - Nairns Sweet Chilli Oaty Bakes - (5)

Lunch - Seared tuna steak, herby hasselback potato and salad.

Snack - 2 x scanbran (hexb) + 1tbsp peanut butter (4) + choc sprinkles (1)

Dinner - Sausages (1.5), bacon, eggs, beans and mushrooms with HP (2)

Drinks

1 mug green tea
3 pint NAS
1 mug tea.
2 mugs coffee

Syns used - 13.5

Exercise

Bike ride to pool and back - 4km
Swim - 44 lengths / 1.1km

Last edited:
Seared tuna steak, herby hasselback potato and salad

wpid-IMAG2379-1-1.jpg

Purplebint said:
Seared tuna steak, herby hasselback potato and salad

I'm going to get round to doing some hassle back spuds, do you use olive oil or can they work ok with frylight ? They look great :)

Frylight works fine, I use olive oil if I have spare for a hexb but otherwise just use the frylight. Today's were frylighted :)

Purplebint said:
Frylight works fine, I use olive oil if I have spare for a hexb but otherwise just use the frylight. Today's were frylighted :)

Cool thank you :)

Sometimes I thinly slice garlic and shove that into each slice of the potato before spraying the oil, garlicky herby spuds are lovely.

Breakfast - 2 x scan bran (hexb) + cheese (hexa) and marmite

Snack - Pom bear (5)

Lunch - Roast veg + couscous

Snack - Penguin (5.5)

Dinner - Swordfish steak, chips and salad.

Drinks

3 pints NAS
1 mug tea
3 mug green tea.

Syns used -10.5

Exercise

Sprog drop off (walked there pushing the bike with Toby in the bike seat and cycled back) 2.3km
Practise bike trip round village to see if I can manage the playgroup run with all the traffic - 5km
Sprog pick up (bike ride to post office then collecting Abi) - 5.25km
Bike ride to fat club and back -

Last edited:
Me too, I know it'll come off again but I still find them infuriating. A little knock to the self confidence when you can least deal with it, meh.

Ah well, back on it today and am more determined.

Breakfast - Sausage (1) , beans and tomatoes.

Post swim snack - 2 x oatcakes (5) + soft cheese (hexa)

Lunch - Scan bran x 2 (hexb), roast veg, chilli and tomato soup.

Snack - 2 slices of scanbran carrot and ginger cake (2 syns)

Dinner - Cottage pie with half potato and half carrot mash, cabbage and sweetcorn.

Drinks

1 giant mug of tea

Syns used - 8

Exercise
Sprog drop off
Bike ride to pool and back
Swim
Sprog pick up

Last edited:
Purplebint said:
Me too, I know it'll come off again but I still find them infuriating. A little knock to the self confidence when you can least deal with it, meh.

Ah well, back on it today and am more determined.

Dont br too down hun, u done so well and also helping inspire people like me with ur yummy recipes x

Which book is he getting? The Kath Woodward one? Need to make sure you get the 2nd edition not the lovely cheap 1st edition which is out of date apparently, heh. I've got one saved in my amazon basket ready for payday. I will also be ordering huge amounts of stationery, mostly because I really like stationery ;)
I've also spent half of today tidying and decluttering my desk area to try and make some room for study stuffs. October seems like a very long time away yet though, I am busying myself doing some of the free online courses and looking through

Ooh, he's considering several stupidly expensive ones! And yes there are millions on eBay, but old editions. Just been looking at Atkinson & Hildegard, also Gregory's Oxford Companion to the mind. Both massively expensive though. I'm sure text books weren't as expensive when I was a student! Got a bid in for DDo1 course notes on eBay at the mo.

Sorry for the slow response BTW, been off line!

bad luck on the *week gain. You know you'll get it off again x

Amazon's used books seem to be a lot cheaper than Ebay, might be worth looking there?

I've got the Companion to the Mind in my wishlist for next month :)

Breakfast - sausage (2) beans and mushrooms

Snack - 2 x scan bran carrot and ginger cake slices (hexb)

Lunch - leftover cottage pie

Snack - 3 x oatcakes (7.5) + hexa soft cheese

Dinner - Pan fried chicken breast with hasselback garlic potato and salad

Pud - Muller lite (0.5)

Drinks

1 mug green tea
3 pint NAS
2 giant mug tea

Syns used - 10

Exercise

Sprog drop off 2.3km
Sprog pick up - 2.3km

My fab new waterproof MP3 player arrived today so I'm going for a bonus swim this afternoon to try it out :)

Bike ride to pool and back - 4km
Swim -40 lengths/1km

Last edited:
Amazon's used books seem to be a lot cheaper than Ebay, might be worth looking there?

I've got the Companion to the Mind in my wishlist for next month :)

Yes, been looking on there also. Just looked up Kath Woodward, but looks sociology based rather than pschycology (but what do I know, not my field for sure!). I might buy him a copy of the Companion as a gift - I'm impressed he's doing this at all. Surprised the OU don't have a forum for book exchange actually.

Hey, congrats on the Page 3 appearance (few pages ago, I know!). Very good :)

Back