Purplebint's Diary

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs, beans,mushrooms with 2 x scan bran (1/2 hexb) and 2 syns of HP

Snack - 2 x muller lites (3)

Lunch - roast veg and chilli soup with 2 x scan bran ( 1/2 hexb)

Dinner - Thai chicken and lime stir fry with mushroom chow mein

Drinks

1 mug green tea with lemon
1 pint NAS
4 mug tea - hexa

Syns used - 2

Exercise

Sprog drop off - 2.5km
Sprog pick up - 2.5km cycle
Bike ride to pool and back 4km
Swim - 40 lengths / 1km

Last edited:
Thai lime chicken and sweet pepper with mushroom chow mein

wpid-IMAG2403-1.jpg

Ahh found you ...
Your food always looks so good hope you don't mind me
invading your diary to take a look

The OU really should do the book exchange, would be a fab idea!

The Kath Woodward one is recommended as an introduction to DD101 here - Getting ready for DD101 - Are you ready for DD101? - Courses - Faculty of Social Sciences - Open University which is why I bought it. I have a copy of the Good Study Guide too as I'm hoping it will help clear the dust bunnies from my brain.

Even when I was at uni (c.25 years ago unbeleivably) we had a book exchange, so in this shiny new Internet age, I would have thought it would have worked well. I'll get him to look at this WoodwRd text - sounds like it might be of use, thanks for the reference!

There are some forums in the OU member bit, maybe they unlock a book swapping area closer to the course beginning? I will keep an eye out.

Breakfast - Muller lite (1/2) + scan bran, with a banana

Lunch - Roast veg and chilli soup + 2 x scan bran (hexb)

Snack - 4 x oatcakes (10) + 1/2 hexa soft cheese.

Dinner - Slow cooker bolognaise and basily salad with 1/2 hexa cheese

Drinks

1 giant mug of tea
2 pints NAS
1 pint diet coke

Syns used 10.5

Exercise

Sprog drop off - 2.5km
Swim - 50 lengths / 1.25km
Bike ride home - 2km
Sprog pick up -

Last edited:
Breakfast - Sausage (2), egg, beans and mushrooms with 1 syns of HP (1)

Lunch - Baked potato, cheese and beans. Not a great choice but compared to the cakes, cookies, cheese, fudge, pies, pasties, pork pies, sausage rolls and filled baguettes that I didn't eat I think I did ok ;)

Snack - 3 x scan bran (hexb) + soft cheese (1/2 hexa) with 1tbsp lime marmalade (2) followed by an apple

Dinner - Moussaka and salad with 1 syn of olives (1/2 hexa)

Drinks
3 mug tea
2 pint NAS
1 glass diet coke

Syns used - 6

Exercise - wandering around Fibre East

Last edited:
Have just made the saag aloo... OMG one of the yummiest things I've cooked!!
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu :)

Do you use fresh Dawn? spinach that is :)

kitty75 said:
I used canned spinach from asda, about 75p a big can. Make it!!! Its gorgeous! XD

I just bought some frozen .. I have fresh too but think the frozen is good to have in. Is the canned free? Just wandered if it was preserved with anything? X

I just bought some frozen .. I have fresh too but think the frozen is good to have in. Is the canned free? Just wandered if it was preserved with anything? X

Just had a quick look and the Tesco one is just spinach, water and salt - Compare supermarket prices | Online supermarket shopping | Save and compare on Health and Beauty products

I think the frozen one works out cheaper, I've always got a bag or two in the bottom of the freezer as I use them for green monsters too.

Breakfast - Sausage (2), eggs, beans and mushrooms.

Lunch - Chicken drumsticks, gammon, roasty potatoes (2 syns for any oil) olives (1) and 1 small cupcake (10)

Dinner - Picky plate of ham and salad. No pics today as my phone is deaded and I've lost the USB cable somewhere (sproglet has hidden it)

Drinks
3 mug tea
1 pint NAS
2 cans diet coke

Syns used - 15

Last edited:
Ah thanks for looking! Not had a green monster for ages so I think that may be my breakfast tomorrow! I have some shelled hemp seed so may chuck a bit if that in:)

Back