Purplebint's Diary

Last night's Tapas - 200712 » Om Nom 365

A night of cocktails, great food, red wine, icecream, more cocktails and some very good friends. Didn't count syns, made some good choices and some not so good and enjoyed every bite :)
[h=2][/h]

Breakfast - Tinned toms and poached egg

Lunch - Bacon, mushrooms and beans

Snack - 1 pack crisps (5)

Dinner - Burger and garlicky curry BNS wedges (2) with homemade chilli lime ketchup (2) and lots of salad.

Drinks

2 mega mugs of tea
1 can diet coke
2 pint NAS

Syns used - 9

None so far

Exercise - Not a lot

Last edited:
Burger, garlicky curry BNS fries, chilli lime ketchup and salad

wpid-IMAG2433-1-1.jpg

Breakfast - Tinned toms and poached egg

Lunch - Scan bran, soft cheese and red onion (hexa and hexb) followed by a plate of crispy kale

Dinner - Chicken , Ramiro pepper and spinach bake with a cheesy sauce type topping. (Making this one up as I go along so I don't really know what I'm doing, heh)

Oops - Slight hormonal accident with a packet of crisps (5) and the biscuit barrel (16)

Drinks

2 mugs tea
1 mug coffee
2 pints NAS

Syns - 21

Exercise - weeding the garden

Last edited:
Ok, this week I will manage to be 100% *stern face*

Breakfast - Grapefruit and maple agave (2)

Lunch - Big bowl of salad with 1tbsp salad cream (2) + an apple

Dinner - Leftover chicken and spinach bake

Drinks

1 mug tea
1 mug green tea
1 pint NAS

Syns - 4

Exercise

Walk to library and round the village with the sprogs. 4.5km
Walk to Fat Club and back - 3km

Last edited:
How did weigh in go?

Have you ever froze the bhajis ? If so did you cook them from frozen or defrosted? :)

Half on for me, given the vast quantity of booze, booze and a bit more booze then I'm happy with that. I've set my target now too, 13.5 to go. Will see how i feel when I get there, I might lose more but I might just hang around there for a while :)

I have frozen them, some in tubs by themselves and some in takeaway tubs with a 1/3 portion curry, 1/3 portion rice or saag aloo and 2 bhajis. The takeaway tubs would get reheated from frozen in the microwave, the large tubs I'd normally leave to defrost a bit and then cook in the oven for 10 mins or so to thoroughly heat through again.

Breakfast - Poached egg and beans, followed by some melon

Snack - Freebie Graze box arrived so Olives (2) for me and the sprogs are eating the rest.

Lunch - Homemade spinach and basil pesto with some penne pasta, roast tomato and aubergine strips. - hexa + 2syns worth of olive oil. Plus an apple/

Dinner - I cannot stand to cook a curry in this heat, so I'm overriding tonight's menu plan and doing burger, wedges and salad instead.

Snack - Chocolate green monster (3)

Drinks

1 giant mug tea
2 pint NAS
1 pint diet coke

Syns used - 7

Exercise

Sprog drop off - 1.5km
Zumba 30 mins (I couldn't do any more, it's too hot for it. Will have to do some very early morning exercise this week I think)

Last edited:
Food the last few days is all sounding lovely! X

Breakfast - Melon, 2 x scan bran with soft cheese (hexa + hexb)

Snack - Apple

Lunch - Spicy couscous stuffed pepper

Dinner - Pan fried coley with hasselback herby potato and lots of salad.

Drinks so far

4 pints NAS
1 sml bottle diet coke

Syns - 0

Exercise - keeping the kids entertained in the garden.

I've never had coley
mainly because I buy it for the cats and I think that's
what puts me off will you take a pic later ?

It is a very rare day when I don't take a photo of my dinner, hehe!

I like coley, it's cheap and interchangeable for cod with me :)

Coley, hasselback potato and salad

wpid-IMAG2443-11.jpg

I ended up just baking it in a foil packet with some lemon as was too busy playing with the sprogs to do the pan frying :)

Coley, hasselback potato and salad
I ended up just baking it in a foil packet with some lemon as was too busy playing with the sprogs to do the pan frying :)

Your meal looks lovely, I tried to do hassleback potato the other night but they took ages and ages to cook I ended up having to put them in the microwave, how long do you cook yours and what sort of things do you put in them? I have seen them prepared in morrisons but they have garlic butter in them

Breakfast - frozen cherries + ff yoghurt

Snack - pear

Lunch - Veggie couscous

Snack - Olives (2)

Dinner - Barbecue! I'm cooking so all SW friendly, chicken portions, burgers, sausages, corn on the cob, potato salad and lots of salady stuff. (3)

Supper - Carrot and ginger scan bran cake (hexb)

Drinks

2 mugs tea
3 pint NAS
2 pint diet cherry coke

Syns used - 5

Exercise

Sprog drop off 1.5km

Last edited:
Your meal looks lovely, I tried to do hassleback potato the other night but they took ages and ages to cook I ended up having to put them in the microwave, how long do you cook yours and what sort of things do you put in them? I have seen them prepared in morrisons but they have garlic butter in them

I nuke them in the microwave for 5-10 mins depending on the size of the potato, leave to cool for a couple of mins and then place each on a large spoon.

Cut through the potato to create the gaps until you hit the spoon, the spoon stops you cutting all the way through the potato. Spray with fry-lite (sprinkle or stuff with herbs/garlic/lemon or anything else you're using) and then finish off in the oven for about 20 mins or so until golden.

Back