Purplebint's Diary

2.5lbs off. Celebrating with bacon.

YAY!! :D :party0011: Well did mate. I know you've had an up and down month this month. Looks like you're really back on target.xx

Breakfast - Scan bran carrot and ginger cake (1/2 hexb) + cherries

Lunch - Sausages, toms and baked eggs in portobello mushrooms. (3) + 2 syns of HP

IMAG2464-1-1.jpg

Dinner - Cottage pie with half potato/half cauli cheesy topping. 1tbsp of olive oil and 30g of cheese used in the topping. 12 syns for the whole thing, so 4 syns per giant portion.

Drinks

2 mug tea
3 pint NAS
1 mug coffee

Syns used - 9

Exercise - As little as possible!

Last edited:
I take a medium potato, pierce it with a knife and then microwave for about 5 mins or so on high. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes then place on a large wooden spoon, taking a sharp serrated knife I slice down to crate the ridges. The spoon stops you cutting all the way through. Then I stuff slices of garlic in if I'm using them, spray with frylite, sometimes sprinkle with herbs and then bake at 180 for about 15 mins until golden.

We used to get chocolate cornflakey cakes at school with mint custard that we called Hedgehogs in the Grass #randomtangent :)

Breakfast - Poached eggs and tinned toms

Lunch - Leftover cottage pie and green beans - 4

Snack - 4 x ryvita (hexb) + 2tsp clover (3.5) + 1tbsp raspberry jam (2)

Dinner - Stuffed peppers and salad

Syns - 9.5

Being extra special good today as it's my daughter's 5th birthday tomorrow and we're off to the Caribbean Carnival on Saturday so there is some cake and fried food in my immediate future ;)

Last edited:
I take a medium potato, pierce it with a knife and then microwave for about 5 mins or so on high. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes then place on a large wooden spoon, taking a sharp serrated knife I slice down to crate the ridges. The spoon stops you cutting all the way through. Then I stuff slices of garlic in if I'm using them, spray with frylite, sometimes sprinkle with herbs and then bake at 180 for about 15 mins until golden.

Thankyou for that, I don't have a micro but will have a go in the oven and see how they turn out :)

If you're doing them in the oven then I would just twice-bake them. Pop them in whole at 180 for half an hour, then leave to cool enough to handle. Slice, spray and return to the oven.

Breakfast - Poached eggs and tinned toms

Lunch - Chopped sausages, mushrooms and red onions all fried with some smoked paprika and topped with cheese. (hexa) (4.5)

Dinner - SW chips, pan fried coley, mushy peas. (The rest of the family are having a chippy tea as my daughter is 5 today and that's what she wants. I don't fancy them so will do a SW version)

Drinks

2 mugs tea
1 pint NAS

Syns used - 4.5

Last edited:
Well done on the healthy version and hope she has a nice birthday! X

Thanks icklerockchick, it's been a lovely day so far :)

Pan fried coley, crinkle cut chips and mushy peas.

wpid-IMAG2475-1.jpg

Breakfast - Mushroom and red pepper omelette

Lunch - Off to the Caribbean Carnival so will try and make good choices but no promises ;) I had some Jerk chicken, rice'n' beans and corn on the cob oh and some sugar cane :)

Dinner - Garlicky curry BNS chips with salad

wpid-IMAG2522-1.jpg

Snack

1 bowl of strawbs with maple agave (2)
1 banananom - 2 + hexb

Drinks

4 mug tea
2 cans diet coke

Syns - 0

Last edited:
Purplebint said:
Breakfast - Mushroom and red pepper omelette

Lunch - Off to the Caribbean Carnival so will try and make good choices but no promises ;)

Dinner - Depends on lunch

Drinks

1 mug tea

Syns - 0

Carribean Carnival sounds fun....
It must be near time for the Notting Hill one soon

It was a really tasty pud! Could do with chocolate chips or something rolled round them too though I think.

Back