Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

Hi purpled how r u doing, I hope ur ok! Hope ur brother gets well soon :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi guys!

He's not great. He was hours away from a coma the doctor said, had 2 bags of fluid injected into him and then discharged himself. They wanted to keep him in. He hasn't taken his insulin in 3 months. My mum is devastated. My mum told me the day she found out I was pregnant, he told her he wanted to die moments after. So it was a strange day for her, happiness and sadness.

My baby bump is soo cute, and it's a baby bump and not fat as I can feel the difference. I like it :) bum to head is over 12cm long now, so I'm guessing with legs that's the size of a smaller ruler ;)

Not weighed in a while, but I've been pretty healthy and wholesome. Apart from I've had a bagel each morning for breakfast. Apart from that I've done well. Tomorrow my friend is coming over to teach me how to make curry. She lived in India until she was 17, and her food is amazing. So I asked her for a lesson. We are making curry from scratch, rice, chapati and I can't say I can pronounce or spell the side dish. Our husbands are going to a local football game, so when they get back it will be done. the meat is already marinating overnight in preparation. I'm excited. I always buy curry paste for when I make curry, so it will be good to do a real curry.

I have tomorrow off work....I plan to shop for some cheap trousers I can wear until I'm big enough for maternity. I need some for work. Also I am going to pack away all the things that I'm not gonna wear for a while, it's hard at the moment, I have to sort through so many things to decide what fits.

This week my baby will go from being 3.5oz to 5.9oz that's almost double
It baffles me how someone that light can be so developed and pretty long. But over the next two weeks it doubles in weight and only gains1 inch. So I guess it's bulking up ;)

Names
We had a girls name since 4 weeks. I said 'let's not get too attached as anything can happen.......' 2 mins later 'As baby was conceived in Harrogate we could call it Harry or Harriett' we both decided we were not that keen on Harry but loved Harriett. Then both sets of parents have been working on family tree. We never knew but Harriett appears 3 times on his tree, his dad's mums brother and a cousin of his mum and dad. Plus it is on my dad's side of the family. So it's kinda stuck. Hattie for short, I kinda even like Harry as short for a girl....but I'm a tom boy. So we are working on a middle name, we need to work on a boys name. Neil likes Thomas, I like Some more unusual ones. Anyway we are thinking.

We are keeping names a secret from family and friends. My friend chose the name 'Jaida' for her little girl and when she told people before she was born, people didn't like it. So she never used it and now she regrets it.

Food

Breakfast
A large orange
Scrambled egg and avocado

Lunch
Homemade roasted pepper and lentil soup
Salad with olives and tuna, I can't remember what I made my dressing with but I think it's olive oil, lemon and mint.

Dinner
Curry - I'm having a curry lesson from my friend, she is awesome at making curries. All authentic and a family recipe of hers.

Snacks
Shape fat free chocolate yogurt......I had 3 yesterday. Which is very piglike of me but they are so nice :)

Thats not good purpled I hope ur brother gets better soon.

Sounds fun making the curry, I bet its lovely!

I like both them names and harry for a girl!

Hope the curry making went well. Nothing like a proper home cooked curry. Bet you will rarely look at a jar again!

Its very odd that you chose Harriett without realising it crops up so many times in the family tree. Do you intend to find out whether its a boy or girl?

Brother is getting worse. I'm really annoyed at him for being such an idiot. All he has done for years is make my mum upset, I'm sure it's not intentional but I just wish he'd help himself and therefore help others around him. I've never been depressed so perhaps I can't comment. He's killing himself and hasn't listened to anything they told him in hospital. Hasn't even taken any insulin. His doctor has advised my mum to go down the 'mental health' route to take away his ability to make decisions for himself with regards to health. Then they can keep him in. It's a long process and I don't think he'll make it that far.

Been to the inlaws today. His dad fell over 3 times, he wanted to show me plants and usually outside when he can't use frame he leans on me. But he won't now I'm pregnant. So after the first time he fell I told Neil to come out, but he fell twice more and Neil has injured his back as he fell on him. Plus his mum dropped sugar all over the kitchen floor and as she has a bad leg can't clean it, she wouldn't let me. Neil's back was hurting. Anyway we got there in the end.
There cleaner stole £80 but they can't prove it. Anyway good news.....We have a home carer.....finally. They come twice a week to help them. It's approved by NHS and not too expensive. So at least now we just have to do shopping and a few jobs. We can have a day off lol!!

And good news the curry was amazing. Such a huge difference using the spices and making it from scratch. And also the roti/chapatis are so easy....who knew. So I told her it needs to be a regular thing, cos I want to learn more :)

Sorry this posted is a bit long winded, I know it's not even food related. I needed to vent, don't worry about replying. It just makes me feel better.

Today!!

Gain = 5lbs since I started. I don't weigh weekly. I was sure I gained more as my clothes don't fit, mainly trousers. But I think my stomach is just changing shape. I am not worried or thinking about how much I have gained or note gained. My book says listen to your body, eat when your hungry. So I have done. I have days I eat loads and others I eat less.

Breakfast
Avocado, Eggs, Bacon, Large mushroom

Lunch
Homemade Roasted pepper soup
Almond butter and celery

Dinner
Steak, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, lettuce, tomato (that's shocking, must be the pregnancy) Fried Egg

Snacks
Mixed Nuts
Blueberries
Kale Chips (Mmmm)

If I get hungry later I have half a big triffle in the fridge. My mum made it then decided she was on a diet.

Sounds like one of those days today purpled, not good about ur oh dad falling today, it must b quite upsetting being there but being unable to help, at least they have a bit more help coming, that is good news. Can u not sack the cleaner? Say shes not doing a good enough job or something, I cant believe she would steal, thats not good at all!

Im sorry bout ur brother I guess if hes really not listening to the docs and undergoing treatment he needs to save his life then it might b an option to make the discisions for him, im sure he would appreciate it in the long run when hes better...its difficult

Food sounds good by the way

Thanks Sarah!
Erm....it's hard as his mum is getting forgetful and a bit crazy. So we believe her but also there is a small amount of doubt. We rang and asked for a new cleaner, same company. We explained the situation to the company and I guess it's up to them how they deal with it.

They should be able to deal with it then, I expect she would get either warned or fired depending on how lenient they r, if it was my company id probably fire her as u wouldn't want it happening again

Sounds like quite a day yesterday. You certainly have got a lot on at the moment. Its good news that the inlaws have more help coming in to free you and OH up a bit. I think its very difficult when your relationship with family becomes based on doing things for them because of their health rather than enjoying their company. Hopefully it will be a positive shift.

Foods sounds very good and balanced. I love having eggs and avocado for breakfast. Really seems to keep me full better than most other options too.

Aaww hun sounds like u have a bit goin on right now! Makes me so mad that a cleaner has stolen some money from ur inlaws!! Gggrrr.
Im sorry t hear ur brother isnt improvin, the 'mental health' route sounds like it might b a good option tho hun might b the kick start he needs!

5lb is good I have put 6.5 on!
Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Long long week this end. Brother been in a coma and father in law in hospital. Both in different places, an hour and a half away from each other. Both on the mend.

It's sent me slightly wacko. I've been so dizzy and faint in the afternoons, especially at work. My blood pressure is 100/60 which I'm told is normal. So my midwife suggested keeping hydrated and eating more as it could be blood sugars. So I'm trying my hardest to keep eating but it's hard when I've been at a different hospital each evening. Tend to have something quick but I got prepared at the end of the week and got a good supply of fruit and veg for snacks, fruit gums, for sugar and made pasta with meat and veg for work lunches. That being said, I'm haven't been food deprived and I'm certain I'm having lots of calories, it's just not the quality I'm used to.

Great thing, which isn't so great, but I did faint on Tuesday. Luckily while next to a nurse at work, she took me to go to hospital and get checked out and I got a scan :) Baby is doing great, growing well and everything is perfect. It waved! Was sucking it's thumb. And is the exact size it should be :)

Anyway today is slightly normal, we both decided to have a day off. WE ARE NOT LEAVING THE HOUSE. Hubby is knackered and I'm practically asleep lol!

Anyway we are having a nice meal tonight. I am finally using the tagine I got at Christmas.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1395505268.852085.jpg
Tagine is in the oven for a slow cook, spicy Moroccan chicken with olives, onions and peppers. Yum! To be served with jumbo couscous :)

I'm waiting for blood results back bit I think I have just been over doing it and super stressed. Hubby said I need to think about the baby and stop being so nice. Maybe take some sick if I'm too tired to go to work, and I don't have to go every night to see people in hospital. So I will listen.

His dad is fine, they are switching his meds over. So he has a day when he isn't taking any Parkinson's meds and he can't even write. But he should be back to normal within a week.
Brother is out of coma, promised my mum he will stay in until at least Monday. So....that's something.

I'll check all your diaries tonight.

Lots of love Sarah and Big Baby Bump.
Xxx

Oh and let me share this:
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1395505764.900567.jpg
Our first baby gift from Neil's mums friend.

3 hand knitted cardigans
Baby bath towel and mitt
Pack of bibs ;)

Oh hun. Sorry to hear things have been rough but your hubby is right. Put yourself and your baby first please and slow down woman. Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think u r doing too much! A few days off work is a must I think! Hope everyone gets better soon! Everything seems to b happpening at once for u atm! Keep well!

I have casserole I made a few weeks ago for tomorrow. I'm gonna try make a big Yorkshire pudding. Like big enough to put the casserole in. I've tried before but it's so hit and miss.

So any advice....please share.

Not made a big one before only with toad in the hole! We r having roast lamb tomorrow, gonna do a lamb casserole mon

Im rubbish with Yorkshire puddings. I just end up buying them or using the packet mixes xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well I made the mixture so it can rest. I think it's about pouring it in hot oil. Like I have 2 round tins, I will put a few tsp of oil in each, then put them in the oven. I think you need to pour the batter in while the trays are in the oven still. I'm sure that's the secret trick my mum showed me.

We are heading out in a short while, I feel better today after a rest. I was up at 8 am and resting in bed. My hubby brought me up a cup of tea, fresh orange, croissant, jam, 2 x toast and some blueberries. How sweet. He never done breakfast in bed for me before. I ate it all :)
Then we layed there for 2 hours haha.

I did find babies heart beat and the baby moves so much, if I keep it in place and don't move, it goes and comes back. Also because I don't have much fat on the area my baby is, I can see it when it kicks. Which is odd for 17/18 weeks. But if I lay still, my hubby can see my skin twitch when I get a kick which is nice for him to see :)

Today's food

Breakfast
Croissant, jam
Toast and marg x 2
Blueberries, juice, tea

Lunch
I am having a cheese toastie I predict, wanted one since I saw Atomics food diary. I will get this in town before we head to see my brother

Dinner
Large Yorkshire pudding with homemade beef casserole I made the other week

Snacks
Fruit - I just think I've been deprived of real nutrition the past few days and my body just wants fruit

A very carby day. But very much needed

Back