Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

U alright purpled? Everything ok with baby?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm exhausted. I can't believe how tired I am. Baby is great and growing well. Got all my diabetes results back and they are all normal. My iron levels are great. So it's all systems go. I am just counting down now. I just been through a phase of not really checking my phone much. We have been busy with the inlaws in hospital again. So I've taken a step back from it all but it's still a worry. His mum has doesn't even know what day it is, she signed a form with her maiden name with a date about 50 years ago. His dad is in a different hospital for his back and will be out tomorrow. As his mum is in hospital he is coming to live with us for a week or so. Which I don't mind but with his Parkinson's it's hard for me to help him while pregnant. He's 6ft4 and before I'd help him walk but I can't now. I'm just stressed. Work is hard work while pregnant too, just with the tiredness.

I'm exhausted. I can't believe how tired I am. Baby is great and growing well. Got all my diabetes results back and they are all normal. My iron levels are great. So it's all systems go. I am just counting down now. I just been through a phase of not really checking my phone much. We have been busy with the inlaws in hospital again. So I've taken a step back from it all but it's still a worry. His mum has doesn't even know what day it is, she signed a form with her maiden name with a date about 50 years ago. His dad is in a different hospital for his back and will be out tomorrow. As his mum is in hospital he is coming to live with us for a week or so. Which I don't mind but with his Parkinson's it's hard for me to help him while pregnant. He's 6ft4 and before I'd help him walk but I can't now. I'm just stressed. Work is hard work while pregnant too, just with the tiredness.

Hi luv glad everything is goin well.
U will start to feel more tired now and the heat wont help hun either.
What is it u do at work? Im sorry to here about ur inlaws. I bet it is tough on ur OH!
Jus take it easy u dnt wanna start gettin ur self all stressed out so ur blood pressure raises. Ur helppin ur father in law by jus lettin him stay with u for a bit hunvi bet his really thankful.
When do u go on maternity leave?

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry to hear the news about ur inlaws, but im glad all is ok, was starting to worry as last thing u said was u had an appointment to make sure baby was ok as scan showed too small! U need to try and stay relaxed and get some early nights

Well I went for my scan and baby measured 6 days longer in length and 4 days younger in head circumference and waist. But the weight came out perfect. Then it recalculated my due date to be the exact same it already was.
So my belly measures smaller but baby measures perfect. She must be hiding or curled up small.

Inlaws are a nightmare. She had a go at me yesterday because I hadn't been to see her in a few days. But I has to go and take things to his dad in the other hospital and the visiting times are the same. I don't even know if she remembers I'm pregnant because she hasn't mentioned the baby, my bump or asked how I am in a long time. This sounds awful but we have lost the patience to even tell her things because she doesn't want to know and it upsets Neil.

Anyway I am home now and I am not leaving the house for the rest of the day, Neil is picking up dominos pizza on his way home, we have a film, he has some cider and we are not seeing either of them tonight. His dad is coming in the morning, as the Parkinson's doctor only visits that ward on a Saturday. So it's our last night with the house to ourself and we really need some time together.

Dominos pizza, not had one in years and I can't wait. Stuffed crust. :)

Like I said I think ur just not fat and thats y u measure small, plus ur tall so id expect baby to b long!

Not good, surely she can see ur pregnant?? Sounds difficult, perhaps shes just board and lonely in hospital, but she needs to realise u cant b everywhere at once!

Ur evening sounds nice, I hope u enjoy it!

I've just eaten a large dominos pizza all to my self over a period of 2 hours :)

Film time.

Thanks for the advice Sarah

Hope you enjoyed the pizza :)

Sounds like a very difficult situation with the in laws but I echo what Sarah said about people sometimes people being very wrapped up in what is going on for them that they need active reminding about what is going on for those people around them. Talk to her about your pregnancy. Tell her how it is making you feel. Maybe even ask her about her experiences. Nothing makes a mother in law feel more invested than asking for their input and advice! And it might just be that gentle reminder that you have needs at the moment as well. Fingers crossed it works out for all of you.

At last...they are both in their own house. His dad slept on our sofa for past week as he couldn't walk to spare room up the stairs. He was obviously very bored during the day etc, so it felt like I needed to entertain him while Neil visited his mum. He also couldn't get a shower, but luckily we have a downstairs toilet. I missed having me own time. So finally they are both home, we have organised a carer company to visit daily....they arn't entitled to anything due to them being very well off but it is money well spent and will benefit us all. They don't want us giving them baths and we need our own space.

I can honestly say my body must have gone into some sort of shock of having 2 days to do nothing and I am exhausted. Baby is moving constantly which is a good thing. I've been signed off work for a week, due to nasal polyps. Normally you take some steroids and everything is fine but I can't take any as I'm pregnant, so I've been having nosebleeds. They are caused by stress. My doctor has given me a week to rest and do nothing and it should improve. To be honest I need to rest.

People say don't stress, don't worry, rest, think of yourself and the baby. I'm a naturally caring person and when I have a inlaw in hospital, another at home and struggling, I can't just go to bed and sleep.

The positive thing is I have managed to eat really well the past week. My mum brought round a big hamper of veg from their allotment. We've had loads of fresh meat and fish. I've had a great appetite. I'm a firm believer that the body calls out for what it needs. My body has been craving so much fresh foods. Tonight we have a big stew that's been cooking all day. I have about 8 different types of veg in it and beef. I have made some dumplings to add as well. It will do for lunches for a few days aswell :)

I know this is a bit long, I don't expect people to read it, I just need to write stuff down sometimes.

P.S baby is great. She already has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. Everytime he goes to tesco or any shop for anything, he comes back with something. A cute outfit, toy, something sweet. I can't really go mad at him as it's so adorable. I'm glad I have him to buy some pink, as all the stuff I like isn't very girly

Glad things have settled a bit and in laws are doing better and are back home. Sure you and OH are enjoying having the house back to yourselves.

How was the stew? OH always laughs at me when I say that I fancy stew in summer.

Aaawwwwww that is super duper cute that he is buyin her stuff all the time.. wait till shes here and his doin it lol!!
Im glad t hearnur inlaws are sorted.

Wen ppl tell me not to stress I let it go over my head its in my nature too..if I dnt stress about something no one else will lol. Bit do try take it easy lovely!!

Xxx

Hi everyone!

Just a quick message!! I'm now a mummy. I gave birth to Harriett on 5th July at 32weeks 4days gestation. She weighed 4lbs 6oz. It was a all natural birth, quick and totally unexpected. It was an amazing experience and she came out crying and smiling. The doctors are happy with her progress and she should be home within 2 weeks. I'm recovering and still in shock. She's absolutely beautiful and so very tiny. I keep thinking her early birth is my fault for being so busy and I should have rested more but there are no health concerns so I'm trying to relax.

With me and the husband being tall we didn't buy newborn size, only 0-3months. So the husband went out today and came back with some lovely premature baby clothes from George. I'll get a photo on here for you to see within the next few days in her lovely pink baby grow :)

Hi everyone!

Just a quick message!! I'm now a mummy. I gave birth to Harriett on 5th July at 32weeks 4days gestation. She weighed 4lbs 6oz. It was a all natural birth, quick and totally unexpected. It was an amazing experience and she came out crying and smiling. The doctors are happy with her progress and she should be home within 2 weeks. I'm recovering and still in shock. She's absolutely beautiful and so very tiny. I keep thinking her early birth is my fault for being so busy and I should have rested more but there are no health concerns so I'm trying to relax.

With me and the husband being tall we didn't buy newborn size, only 0-3months. So the husband went out today and came back with some lovely premature baby clothes from George. I'll get a photo on here for you to see within the next few days in her lovely pink baby grow :)

OMG!! Aaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhh congratulations!!! I had t re read this about 3 times!
Lil Harriett jus wanted to come into the world early hun thats all! Aawww bet her clothes are tiny!
I cannot wait to see a picture make sure u take it easy

Xxxx

It is amazing and I can't take my eyes off her beautiful face. Her little eyes watching me and tiny hands wrapped around my finger. I can't wait to show you all a photo. My mum and dad and family have seen her, we are just waiting for my husbands parents to meet her before we share her photo with friends. We will probably put a photo on facebook and didn't think it was nice for other family to see her beautiful face before her 2nd set of grandparents have met her. They are coming to see her tomorrow we hope.

Luckily she is breathing on her own & feeding. So it is amazing really, as often they need assistance breathing. I am glad they are keeping her in as it feels safer right now. They keep her warm as she is obviously quite thin. But she is healthy enough to come out for a feed and cuddle.

Oooooh! Surprise news! Congratulations and really pleased to hear how well she is doing. How premature was she? Maybe as she was a good size all the way through the pregnancy she was just "ready" to come out a bit earlier.

Aaawwww thats great that ur able tomgive her lors of cuddles. She sounds like she is doin fab.
I cnt wait t see a picture
Xxx

Oh wow wasnt expecting that when I clicked on ur post! Congratulations :-D hope u r all well, cant wait for a pic :-D

Thanks all!!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1405273869.664003.jpg

My sister having a cuddle. All going well. Should be home in about a week. She's gaining weight and maintains her body temperature, breathing well, all the normal things.

Got some amazing photos on my camera but not plugged my laptop in for weeks. Luckily I am able to breast feed her but having to express as well as I'm not always there, so hubby is feeding her with my milk.

It really is a struggle having a baby in hospital with inlaws needing so much help. I just wish they were more understanding. My husband said to them today 'we don't have time to buy Pizza, Indian meals & Chicken from Morrisons, we'll add it in tesco online shop' she responded 'we don't want it if it isn't from Morrisons' then moaned she'd have to starve. He put the phone down on her. So it's all go I go here and we are trying not to let them get to us. Time is too precious to worry, I don't want to miss a thing with baby Harriett and neither does Neil. I tickle her foot and she does this cute kick thing.
Getting through lots of nappies, breast milk, clothes :)

We get to give her a proper bath this week. So far she's been washed but not in a bath, as they need to keep her warm. But they think a quick bath this week yay!! I'm so excited.

Hope to catch up with you all
Soon. Sorry not responded to all your diaries but I'm sure you understand :)

Back