Pussinboots Weight Loss Diary

pussinboots

Hi ladies and gents :D

I'm an almost 32 year old Mum of 2 from Belfast in Northern Ireland. I have been stuck in a rut weight wise for the past few years. A mixture of laziness and low self esteem.

While out shopping in Tesco just after Christmas I ran into my cousin (one of those cousins you see at family dos but not much inbetween). She looked amazing! Told me that her secret was Slimming World and that she was eating loads but losing weight.

That was my mind made up, I got home and googled SW classes in my post code. There was one IN MY SONS SCHOOL that very evening. Felt like fate, so off I went. It was the Wednesday just after Xmas so the class was sparse but my leader and the people that were there were lovely. I decided on the Extra Easy Plan.

I came away excited and inspired. I've been losing steadily ever since barr 2 weeks ago when I gained half a pound (Valentine's naughty drinkies).

My starting weight was 12 stone 3.5lbs. This week I weighed in at 10 stone 13lbs. I can't tell you when I was last 10 stone anything. Maybe a decade ago?! Pure craziness but I am so happy. I have 11lbs to go until target and I really really think I can do it, especially with the support of all you other Minimins :D

Already I've learned so much in regards to making free soups and yummy snacks (Alpen Light microwaved.... wowzers!).

Thanks guys and thanks in advance for the support, I look forward to giving it back to you all ten-fold ;)

Last edited:
Saturdays Food Diary (Extra Easy)

Breakfast
Oats So Simple Original Sachet (HEXB)
Alpro Light Unsweetened Soya Milk (HEXA)

Apple

Lunch
Trimmed bacon, baked beans, mushrooms and egg in fry lite

Half small box of salted popcorn at cinema (6 syns)

Dinner
Half pack of Cauldron Lentil Dhansak (3 syns)
Dried pasta

2 x Alpen Light Choc & Fudge Bars (heated in microwave for 30 secs) (2 x 3 syns) topped with a Vanilla and dark choc sprinkles Muller Light

Total Syns = 15

Hi there, I'm also 32 & a Mum of two!! I've joined SW about 9 times over the years lol. I have to say EE suits me alot better than Red/Green days. I do struggle with motivation though :-(

I'm currently 11st 8lb & really want to be 9st 13lb. I'm making a start tomorrow & I'm going to post a daily food diary.

Well done, you have done so well. Fingers crossed I can stick to it this time. Keep up the hard work. Wish me luck xxx

Emmaline said:
Well done you!!

Gosh! That's a great way to go and in such a short time.

Hope things continue well and look forward to watching your progress....:)

Thanks so much. I've tried other plans before but this is the first that's stuck :)

icandothis:-) said:
Hi there, I'm also 32 & a Mum of two!! I've joined SW about 9 times over the years lol. I have to say EE suits me alot better than Red/Green days. I do struggle with motivation though :-(

I'm currently 11st 8lb & really want to be 9st 13lb. I'm making a start tomorrow & I'm going to post a daily food diary.

Well done, you have done so well. Fingers crossed I can stick to it this time. Keep up the hard work. Wish me luck xxx

We r so similar! Very similar weight and target too :)
You can definitely do this. What I keep telling myself is that if I don't get it off now it'll only get harder with age. I'm determined to get a swimsuit on on holiday and feel semi decent.

I can't wait to follow your progress. I think seeing what each other is eating is a fab idea. I know that I can get stuck for ideas and then reach for the biscuit tin :/

Good Luck xox

Yes same here. Off to Cyprus in August so I must stay focused on that bikini (am I that daring? Lol )

How old are your children? I have two boys, 3yrs & 6 months.

I'm looking forward to posting my diary now.

Chat soon x

Yes same here. Off to Cyprus in August so I must stay focused on that bikini (am I that daring? Lol )

How old are your children? I have two boys, 3yrs & 6 months.

I'm looking forward to posting my diary now.

Chat soon x

Bikini! Oooh I wish I was that daring. But never say never Haha

My boys are 10 and 6. I was a stay at home mum the past few years but just got a full time job. Start at the end of March. Quite daunting...

Speak soon xx

Ooo I'm doing the opposite, I'm on Mat Leave until April but I'm not going back. Going to be a stay at home Mum for a couple of years. I've worked since I was 16 so it feels weird. Hopefully I won't go too crazy lol.

Good luck with new job!! You'll be fine x

Ooo I'm doing the opposite, I'm on Mat Leave until April but I'm not going back. Going to be a stay at home Mum for a couple of years. I've worked since I was 16 so it feels weird. Hopefully I won't go too crazy lol.

Good luck with new job!! You'll be fine x

That was me too. I had worked from 16 and was a single Mum with my eldest. Not working wasn't really an option. So when my hubby suggested it a few yrs bk I grabbed the opportunity with both hands :D
Best thing ever. Was lovely being about for the kids. They don't need me quite the same these days. Both in school until 3. Seemed the right time to get bk to work. Might not feel like that by the end of April tho LOL

I think I've got my head round it now. My friends say to just enjoy the time off & spend time with the boys. I'll have to make sure I'm not paying the fridge a visit too often though! Hey I've made it beyond 11am & I'm still sticking to plan lol!!! No syns so far either. X

I think I've got my head round it now. My friends say to just enjoy the time off & spend time with the boys. I'll have to make sure I'm not paying the fridge a visit too often though! Hey I've made it beyond 11am & I'm still sticking to plan lol!!! No syns so far either. X

Wise friends. You will feel this strange kind of guilt at first. As if you're naughty not working lol but that soon fades! ;)

I've just had one of those Alpen Light bars. Good amount of eating for 3 syns. I am very snacky today though so went shopping instead. New shoes = distraction

Sundays Food Diary

Breakfast

2 Weetabix (HEXB)
Alpro Light Unsweetened Soya Milk (HEXA)

Lunch
FREE Homemade Carrot, Parsnip and Coriander Soup (2 bowls)
Muller Light Orange with Choc Sprinkles

Alpen Light Choc & Fudge Bar (3 syns)

Dinner
Fillet Steak
2 x Portobello Mushrooms topped with Boursin Light 35g (2 syns)
Paprika Potato Wedges
Asparagus Spears
3 x Sainsburys Taste the Difference Cava 100ml glasses (6 x 4 syns)

Total Syns = 29 flexible syns

I've had to employ my first flexible syns day of the week today. My brother is unwell (long story) and there will definitely be a few drinks today to unwind! That syns value may climb :S

Last edited:
Good work Pb, looks like you are well into it now. As for the work situation, I know I really loved going back to work and managed to get some good jobs as well.

Keep it up!!...:)

*Hope you don't mind me oaring in!:D
Used to live in Lisburn years ago, had some lovely friends there and worked at Barbour Threads. Does that ring any bells with you I wonder?

Mmm Steak, Mushrooms & Cava sounds good!! I tried the Alpen Lights in the microwave for breakfast - very nice!! I've uploaded my Day 1 diary which I think has been a success!! ?

Hope your brother is ok xxx

Good work Pb, looks like you are well into it now. As for the work situation, I know I really loved going back to work and managed to get some good jobs as well.

Keep it up!!...:)

*Hope you don't mind me oaring in!:D
Used to live in Lisburn years ago, had some lovely friends there and worked at Barbour Threads. Does that ring any bells with you I wonder?

Of course I don't mind :D
It does indeed ring a bell! Especially for my husband, he's from Lisburn and his family actually still live there :)

Mmm Steak, Mushrooms & Cava sounds good!! I tried the Alpen Lights in the microwave for breakfast - very nice!! I've uploaded my Day 1 diary which I think has been a success!! ?

Hope your brother is ok xxx

Thanks bird, he's been mentally unwell for a while now. More strain on him than anyone else but sometimes it just gets to me.

The Cava was delish! I can't lie. Although I was very good and once I got down to just under halfway I threw the rest down the sink. I had about 6 100ml glasses... but I'm not beating myself up. That's what flexible syns are for. Right?! :D

How you getting on? My Mum, Nanna, Cousin & Great Auntie have been round with Tea Cakes & Sconnes!!!! Guess what, I didn't have any!!! I think they're all in shock ? lol. X

How you getting on? My Mum, Nanna, Cousin & Great Auntie have been round with Tea Cakes & Sconnes!!!! Guess what, I didn't have any!!! I think they're all in shock ? lol. X

OMG! That was a real test. Well done :D
Do you not feel fab knowing you resisted temptation?
I had my chum round for lunch this avo. After a healthy lunch we had a cuppa and I managed 1 jaffa. She had 3 or 4 (naturally skinny... grrr) and I had to use all my might to resist. Really glad I did tho because it leaves me syns for something tasty tonight. I'm thinking curly wurly lol

Hey I'm thinking the same!! X

Back