quakers oats original

heavens_above

Hello,
I am new an slightly confused at moment bout some things. If i had a cereal bar in morning is that my Healthy extra b? can i have a bowl of porridge later on also as extra b or would that be a syn?
When im following recipes an it says at bottom of it add 6 syns if not using potatoes as a healthy extra. Im confused coz i didn think id have to add potatoes as my HE choice as i thought it was a free food. One other thing is in recipes when it says add beef stock does that mean make up gravy granules stock which i c has syns or when it asks for beef stock does it just mean an oxo cube?
Thank you kindly for helping me with this confusion
kerry x

If you are doing Extra Easy you are allowed one of each of the Healthy Extras - 1 A and 1 B. So either the cereal bar or the porridge. If you have both, you have to syn one of them.

If you are doing the Original or Green plans, you can have two of each type of Healthy Extra.

Gravy granules have syns. This is not stock, it is gravy, and it has thickeners in it.

Stock means anything made with a cube, liquid, gel (like a Stockpot), etc., which makes an unthickened stock.

What recipes are you using? You would not need to syn potatoes if you are following Extra Easy. But you would if you were following the Original plan.

Thanks anna, i better knock the cereal bar on the head as its not as filling. slimming world recipies i have been following but on some of them at bottom it says add x amount of sins if not using chicken etc as a healthy extra. so i got a little confused when it said that. As for the gravy i made spag bol yesterday with thick gravy lol wont make that mistake again. Thanks x

Thanks anna, i better knock the cereal bar on the head as its not as filling. slimming world recipies i have been following but on some of them at bottom it says add x amount of sins if not using chicken etc as a healthy extra. so i got a little confused when it said that. As for the gravy i made spag bol yesterday with thick gravy lol wont make that mistake again. Thanks x

It should say at the top of the recipe somewhere what plan the recipe is made for. On Green chicken/meat isnt free and on red potato/pasta etc arent free so you have to use them as HEalthy extras - but on EE they are all free, so it may well be you could have them, depending on what else you've had that day HEX-wise and Superfree-wise.

Back