Quark changed?

ColJack

Gold Member
Has Quark changed recently?
I see recepies on here for Quark and Options mixed and everone says it's delicious..
I bought some the other day.. Quark, Options belgium chocolate and splenda, as I wanted something chocolatey without the mountain of syns to go with it..
I made some but it's sour as heck and tastes vile...
Even adding more splenda and Options didn't mask the underlying sour/bitter taste of the Quark..

I was under the inpression that it was supposed to be bland and almost tasteless, lending itself to either sweet or savoury uses..

No it has a sourness to it and personally I do not like it with the options in it either so you are not alone!

Try adding some vanilla extract to it ... Does add a bit more sweetness to it

I found it nice with the belgium chocolate options and sweetner. I also add it to pasta with garlic and chives - mmmmm.

I buy Quark from Waitrose and it really doesn't taste of anything. It certainly is not sour. Every supermarket seems to sell a different brand of it, so maybe you need to try another one.

Having said that, I tried mixing Options with it once and thought it was disgusting, but not because of the Quark.

My consultant suggested fat free fromage frais with splenda and options stirred in - it's lush!!! Someone in group freezes it too!!!

Total 0% with highlights/options mixed in is my favourite.

I like quark with Splenda and vanilla extract as a topping.

Back