Quark in risotto?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by flutterbyuk25, 1 May 2010 Social URL.

1. flutterbyuk25

flutterbyuk25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(7.54%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Hey all

I bought some quark for the first time today as it appeared in front of me in Tesco whilst I was looking for something else.

I want to make a pea and mint risotto, and the recipe calls for parmesan cheese.

Could I use Quark instead and get a similar result? If so how much should I add and when should I add it?

Cheers

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Last night we had rissoto & I didn't have any parmesan in, so added 2 extra light laughing cow cheese's - gave it the cheesy flavour but was gooey!

Hubby did the same & said he really enjoyed it & would def add them again next time too.

You could always portion some out & just add a little, mix it in & try it, if its nice add away - if not don't bother! haha

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hmm, I don't think it would be the same thing. Quark is pretty bitter and I think the taste would come through. Probably too late now but if you don't have any parmasan I would either use another cheese or just miss it out rather than use the quark.

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    You could put some Quark in if you like, but it won't be anything like Parmesan cheese - different taste, different texture.

6. flutterbyuk25

flutterbyuk25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(7.54%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Mmm thanks for replies.

It wasn't for tea tonight so I can still get parmesan again to use, I was just wondering!

x

7. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you are going to buy parmesan, then buy a chunk of it and grate it as and when you need it.
    It keeps for ages in the fridge and ready grated is not nearly so nice.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.