Quark in risotto?

flutterbyuk25

Hey all

I bought some quark for the first time today as it appeared in front of me in Tesco whilst I was looking for something else.

I want to make a pea and mint risotto, and the recipe calls for parmesan cheese.

Could I use Quark instead and get a similar result? If so how much should I add and when should I add it?

Cheers

x

Last night we had rissoto & I didn't have any parmesan in, so added 2 extra light laughing cow cheese's - gave it the cheesy flavour but was gooey!

Hubby did the same & said he really enjoyed it & would def add them again next time too.

You could always portion some out & just add a little, mix it in & try it, if its nice add away - if not don't bother! haha

Hmm, I don't think it would be the same thing. Quark is pretty bitter and I think the taste would come through. Probably too late now but if you don't have any parmasan I would either use another cheese or just miss it out rather than use the quark.

You could put some Quark in if you like, but it won't be anything like Parmesan cheese - different taste, different texture.

If you are going to buy parmesan, then buy a chunk of it and grate it as and when you need it.
It keeps for ages in the fridge and ready grated is not nearly so nice.

Back