Quark recipes

Lindyxx

Seen alot of people talk about quark on here, and Ive never used it before, did have a pot of it lurking at back of fridge for ages last time I done SW, but never got round to using it, Now starting SW again today, and was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions or recipes of what to do with it?

If you search the recipe forum you'll find loads of recipes with Quark

I kept reading about Quark on the forum and did not know what it was. Yesterday I went to Morrissons and bought a tub. When I opened the tub and tasted it I realised what it is. I bought this a lot when I was in France - they call it Fromange and you can buy it in 1kg tubs for something like £1-1.20 (supermarket own brand). Basically it is low fat set yougart. I am not sure the reason for it being so expensive in this country. I paid something like 79p for a small tub.
Something else that my parents told me about that was interesting. Starch is used in low fat yougart and set yougart so the texture is thicker and feels creamy. I do not know how true it is but somebody might be able to ask their Consultant (to ask Head Office). I do SW from home.

Quark is a very low fat soft cheese that you can use in either sweet or savoury dishes. It's very versatile but a bit of an acquired taste. I wouldn't eat it on its own but it is good when added to other foods and flavours.

In my opinion the best thing to do with Quark is mix a sachet of Options hot chocolate into it. It makes a really nice filling pudding and I believe the sachet of hot chocolate is only 2 syns.

I actually find myself spreading on my HexB brown toast in the mornings! It's nice and I can pretend it's Philadelphia :) I also make a SW-friendly broccoli soup and blend a tub of Quark through, makes it a bit more rich. Quark is great once you get your head round all the different things you can do with it!

Back