• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Is a crunchy mama!
Yes you can! In fact I use quark a lot when I make a smoked salmon and "cream cheese" sandwich :D
Its also great stirred through a curry at the end to make it nice and creamy.

Strutting her stuff
  • Mix large tin tuna with tub of quark, add salt/pepper & lemon juice. Herbs optional & you have tuna mayonnaise
  • Mix crushed garlic & chopped herbs with Quark & you have herb and garlic cheese.
  • Mix marmite to taste with Quark & you have a savoury alternative to butter for crispbreads and sandwiches.
  • Mix Quark with hard boiled egg & you have egg mayo.
  • Stir in ½ fat cheese or stilton. Leave for the flavour to develop and use as a filling for jacket potatoes or as a stir in pasta sauce.
  • Mix in chopped red pepper & chilli for a fiery dip or spread.
  • Use in place of cottage cheese for quiche recipes.
  • Mix with frozen summer fruits and sweetener to use as a dessert.
I tried to make jalapenos in a creamy quark sauce the other day - however the quark curdled and it was awful - so don't try that! However, if you do try it and get it to work let me know how you did it!
Tip to stop the quark curdling - stir it in right at the end, once the curry etc is cooked - after you have turned off the heat.

I managed to ruin many a meal by adding quark before I did it this way.
I tried Quark when I joined SW and didn't think it was all that nice. I stirred mine in some soup at the end before serving. It tastes very low in fat, like the idea of it in smoked salmon sandwich, might try that

Loves living in the sun
Earlier I used it instead of mayo adding lemon juice, pepper, salt, balsamic vinegar and then stirring in seafood sticks - lovely.

I also use quark in my mash potato (white and sweet potatoes mixed, mashed and then stir in the quark)

I also use quark in my quiches.

The list is endless and the good thing is, Quark is syn free.
I stick it in a blender with smoked salmon and a squeeze of lemon juice, blitz it all up and leave in the fridge overnight to make a smoked salmon 'pate' - 'tis delish on krisprolls or crispbreads with salad