Quark???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Claire0088, 21 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Claire0088

Claire0088 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi

Has anyone tried Quark fat free cheese? I bought some today but haven't dared eat it!

Claire

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Miel

Miel French Honey

Diet:
    Cambridge
    When I did Slimming World a few years ago I had Quark, it's not great, a bit like cottage cheese I suppose, but we were told to use it instead of marge or butter :( I gave up on it in the end as I didn't like it, but it's a matter of personal choice. Give it a try and you never know, you might be a convert.

4. Grandma

Grandma Totally Focused

Start Weight:
    21st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    A recipe idea I got from SW for a kind of mousse using quark.
    Put a pot of quark in a large mixing bowl. Make a jelly using quarter of a pint of water and water flavouring. Leave it to cool.
    Slowly, stirring all the time, add the liquid jelly to the quark. Leave to set.
    Its delicious!

5. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(41.97%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I used to eat it all the time on SW
    I used to mix it with a spoonful of jam/lemon curd(As a sin)or a tsp of drinking powder and it tasted like cheesecake...Wouldn't think you can have it on CD hough...maybe as you are on higher plans...you would have to check

6. Claire0088

Claire0088 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks for the advise, wasn't sure if i was allowed it or not! I'll give it a miss i think! x

7. Doughnut

Doughnut Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I do SW and I love Quark. I stir it into a big bowl of pasta with some veg and melt cheese over it. I also like it on Ryvita with some jam on top. It's a bit like Philadelphia.

8. Camille

Camille Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(14.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    It makes a fantastic dip for raw veg!! Mix with garlic & a few herbs, yummy!
    Wouldn't have it doing CD SS tho xx

9. Lesly Cambridge

Lesly Cambridge Cambridge Consultant

Diet:
    Guess?!
    I love it! Just make sure you buy the super-low-fat version, for SS+ and 810 - and forever, as far as I'm concerned.

Makes a delicious little treat mixed with a teaspoonful of ginger marmalade, with or without seedy toast.

Even better, on pumpernickel, with super-ripe tomatoes, cracked pepper and a tiny sprinkle of Maldon salt.

Great as an ingredient, too, as others have suggested.

10. emmaleighjohnson

emmaleighjohnson Pink and Fluffy Poster

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I love Quark. It's funny, Slimming World made me really appreciate loads of things like that. Only a few more pounds and I'll be a SW-er again!

11. Doughnut

Doughnut Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Wow emmaleigh, fab photos, you look amazing! Look at that teeny waist! Well done.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.