Quark???

Hi

Has anyone tried Quark fat free cheese? I bought some today but haven't dared eat it!

Claire

A recipe idea I got from SW for a kind of mousse using quark.
Put a pot of quark in a large mixing bowl. Make a jelly using quarter of a pint of water and water flavouring. Leave it to cool.
Slowly, stirring all the time, add the liquid jelly to the quark. Leave to set.
Its delicious!

I used to eat it all the time on SW
I used to mix it with a spoonful of jam/lemon curd(As a sin)or a tsp of drinking powder and it tasted like cheesecake...Wouldn't think you can have it on CD hough...maybe as you are on higher plans...you would have to check

I do SW and I love Quark. I stir it into a big bowl of pasta with some veg and melt cheese over it. I also like it on Ryvita with some jam on top. It's a bit like Philadelphia.

It makes a fantastic dip for raw veg!! Mix with garlic & a few herbs, yummy!
Wouldn't have it doing CD SS tho xx

I love it! Just make sure you buy the super-low-fat version, for SS+ and 810 - and forever, as far as I'm concerned.

Makes a delicious little treat mixed with a teaspoonful of ginger marmalade, with or without seedy toast.

Even better, on pumpernickel, with super-ripe tomatoes, cracked pepper and a tiny sprinkle of Maldon salt.

Great as an ingredient, too, as others have suggested.

I love Quark. It's funny, Slimming World made me really appreciate loads of things like that. Only a few more pounds and I'll be a SW-er again!

Back